Seeing Ghosts

*Josh's POV*

~*~

I wake up more hot than what I usually am, temperature wise, and I rub my eyes. Avery's bare chest is pressed to my bare chest and I scan my childhood room, looking for my boxers. Avery stirs and I freeze. She groans and turns the other way, pulling the covers with her. I sigh and retrive my boxers from beside me, pulling them on and taking the covers off me. I stand up and walk to my closet, pulling on a pair of sweatpants and walking bare foot down to the kitchen. It's cooler down here, now that I'm no longer being embraced by Avery. I open the fridge and take out eggs, bacon, bread, the works.

I turn on my music, and sing along to Sleeping With Siren's 'Kick Me'. "Let's hang the jury! You sick judgemental fools. I'll bury you six feet deep, so tired of your rules. Fuck you and your opinion! How could you be so blind? What goes around comes back around in time. You don't know shit. You don't know shit about me. You don't know shit, shit, shit. Don't know a goddamn thing about me. Keep looking down on me, I am more than you'll ever be. Cut me deep but I won't bleed. You're gonna kick, kick, kick me when I'm down. By all means, put me through hell and I'll make you see I'll be your worst enemy. Try to kick, kick, kick me when I'm down. Kick me when I'm down!" I crack an egg and pour it into the pan, making the cooking oil fizzle. The song fades out as I put the bread in the toaster and a new one begins.

"You used to call me on my, you used to, you used to. You used to call me on my cell phone. Late night when you need my love. Call me on my cell phone, late night when you need my love. And I know when that hotline bling. That can only mean one thing. I know when that hotline bling, that can only mean one thing. Ever since I left the city you, got a reputation for yourself now. Everybody knows and I feel left out. Girl you got me down, you got me stressed out. Cause ever since I left the city, you started wearing less and goin' out more. Glasses of champagne out on the dance floor. Hangin' with some girls I've never seen before. You used to call me on my cell phone. Late night when you need my love. Call me on my cell phone, late night when you need my love. I know when that hotline bling, that can only mean one thing. I know when that hotline bling, that can only mean one thing. Ever since I left the city, you, you, you. You and me we just don't get along. You make me feel like I did you wrong. Going places where you don't belong. Ever since I left the city, you. You got exactly what you asked for, running out of pages in your passport. Hanging with some girls I've never seen before. " Drake sings and I smile.

The music lowers and I turn around to find Avery, dressed in my shirt; that was barely hitting mid-thigh. My lips part at how beautiful she looks right now. Her brown hair is wavy and her make-up's smudged. "A girl could get used to this." She smirks and I laugh, amused. "Good morning." I say, smiling. "It's 1 in the afternoon." Avery points out. "We just woke up, to me, that's morning." I say and Avery giggles. She comes and wraps her arms around my waist as I scramble the eggs and then flip the bacon. "Can you start making the coffee?" I ask and Avery nods. She opens a cabinet and as she stretches to reach the coffee grains, my t-shirt rises up; causing more skin to reveal.

I turn off the stove and rush to her side , picking her up and setting her on the counter before kissing her aggressively. Her lips part, either in surprise or on purpose, but I take this as an advantage to invade her mouth with my tongue. She parts her legs and pulls me closer and I slip my hands under the shirt, slowly going up her bare skin. She gasps as I squeeze her thighs and butt. I pull away and kiss her neck, sucking on the skin softly and she moans. I finally pull away and look into her eyes. "That," Avery starts and catches her breathe. "Was the perfect way to wake up." She concludes and we laugh. "That, it was." I smirk. Avery reaches over and plucks a piece of bacon from the grill and takes a bite. "Yum, can we eat now?" She asks and I laugh.

~*~

I stare up at the hospital where Jefferey is being admitted and sigh. After Avery left for her Stanford interview, I debated for a good twenty minutes whether or not I should actually come. I hadn't seen them for a very long time, since I moved away but then again, I did come all the way back to check up on him. I go inside at walk to the reception area before chickening out. The nurse directs me to room 301 and I open the door to find everyone in there.

"Jefferey, what the hell were you thinking?" I exclaim as my hello and he looks away. "I dunno." He gulps and I sigh. "You're actually here.." Jay says, quite not believing it. "Of course I'm here." I say, a little hurt. "How long are you here for?" Riley asks me. "Just for a couple says. I leave Saturday." I say. Avery leaves Thursday and it sucks I won't be able to leave until days later. But, we don't need to make it suspicious.

I sit down and we all start talking about what's been going on in our lives for these couple of months. It was almost February and that me at that college applications were almost due. "Stanford, huh?" Riley asks and I nod. "I'm a Cali Boy by heart." I say and we laugh. After the nurse says that visiting hours are over, we walk and I check my phone. I had a missed call from Avery. I send her a quick text telling her to meet me at the pizza place by the Stanford college campus and hop into a cab. For months, I had been dreading coming back to California, afraid of what my friends would think. But, everything's changed... For the better this time. I hope it'll stay that way for a long time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

a.n : yay! an update that's on time! anyways, I wanted to do a special chapter for The Bad Boy Saw Me Naked 's one year anniversary! yay! I wanna thank every one who's read this story since the very beginning and  has voted and given their feedback. I love reading every single comment and your opinion on everything! now, sadly, the books going to be coming to an end kinda soon, maybe by New Years, it'll be finished. you know, if I can update on time. but don't cry, dry those tears because as almost everyone knows, I plan on making a sequel! yay! happy one year my loves xoxo