Spoke Too Soon (Part 1)

*Avery's POV*

Today was October 2nd. Also know as the day my dad left my mom almost 12 years ago. I was 5, about to be 6, and it wasn't pretty.

My mom and dad we almost always fighting. There were a few times when he actually hit her.

This morning, I couldn't bare to go to school.

But I went. Because if my mom could fight off her demons, why couldn't I?

The only person that knew what was really hoing on, was Emma.

It was nice to have someone to hang out with those nights, and when she would day the night, it was nice because we would act like one big happy family.

My parents wouldn't fight, and they'd be like how things were usually were.

~*~

"Hey, you okay?" Whishpered Emma at my locker that morning.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said, telling the truth.

For a couple of years after my dad left, it would be really sad. But once I turned 14, I realized he wasn't coming back. And that's that.

"Alright. C'mon!" She says and pulls me down the hall.

When we stop, I realize that we're at her locker.

"I got you something." She says as she starts opening her locker.

"You didn't have to get me anything." I say.

"Yeah, I know. But I saw it, and I thought of you." She says as she hands me a little box.

I look at it and after a couple seconds, she says "Bitch! Just open it!" I laugh and start opening it.

Inside the box, is a charm bracelet. And it had 13 charms on it.

"A charm for each year we've been best friends." She says and I smile. "But we've been best friends for 14 years." I say.

"No, on November 5, that's when we became friends." She says.

My eyes start to tear up and I pull her into a hug.

"C'mon. We gotta get to class." She says and we walk arm-in-arm to class.

~*~

For some unknown reason, I was the first person at our lunch table.

So that sucked.

I must've looked like a total loner. I felt like a total loner.

I pulled out my phone and got on snapchat. I look a selfie and said "Loner Time :( "

"Hey Avery." Someone says and I look up.

"What do you want Josh?" I ask as cooly as I can.

"Nothing but this is also my lunch table." He says and I scowl.

"Sorry about yesterday." He says and takes me by total surprise.

"What..?" I whishper

"Sorry, that I saw you, you know, like that, yesterday." He says, actually looking sincere.

"Umm, its okay, I guess." I say and he sits down in front of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry, kinda short chapter. I'll update part 2 tomorrow!

I've hit 1k reads! Omg this is amazing! And just yesterday was the 1 MONTH ANNIVERSERY! Thank you so much! I love yall!