Restless

*Avery's POV*

~*~
Seeing Josh and Emma getting in a car together really upset me. I don't know why. Emma's my best friend. I should be happy for her.

After an hour of just sitting there on my bed staring at the wall and think of all the reasons I can to hate Josh, I finally get up and get my laptop from my desk.

After scrolling through Netflix, I finally decide to watch Gossip Girl. Chuck and Blair's relationship is so adroable but so confusing. I pause the show and go downstairs to make some popcorn.

"Is she okay?" I hear my mother say.

"Where?.... Okay. I'll just have to tell Avery. We'll see you soon." My mother says and hangs up.

"Mom, who was that?" I ask her as I head into the kitchen and take out a bowl.

"That was Emma's mom." My mother says, cautionally.

"Oh, what did she want?" I ask as I place the popcorn inside the microwave.

"Avery, Emma's been in a car accident." My mom says.

My heart races and my stomach drops 6 feet under. And if my best friend dies, so will she.

Tears fill my eyes and I choke up. "What?" I manage to say.

"Sweetie, I really don't want to repeat it." My mother says quietly.

"Can we go visit her?" I ask quietly.

"Let's go. Let me just go get my purse." My mom says and she runs upstairs. I quickly follow and put on some boots and a cardigan and run downstairs. The microwave beeps and I remembered that I put in the popcorn. I take it out and set it on the counter and my mom finally comes down. We quickly go outside and get into the car and drive to the hospital.

The entire drive there, I listen to music and look out the window. My leg is bouncing up and down and my hands are fidgeting. My mom squeazes my shoulder and all I do is listen to one of the few songs Josh showed me and I liked.

~ flashback ~

We had just finished making out, again, and we were just laying in our backs, laying beside each other and looking up at the stars.

"Avery, I wanna show you something." Josh says as he takes out his phone from his pocket.

"Please, no dick pics" I say sweetly but joking around.

He laughs and says "No, it's a song. One of my favorites." I raise my eyebrow "Josh, I don't know. Every time you show me a song, I end up hating it. Like, that band. Black Veil Sirens?"

"It's Black Veil Brides and Sleeping With Sirens. Two completely different bands. I will murder you if you don't get them right next time." He says and I laugh. "Besides, I really think you'll like the song." He says again and I roll my eyes. "Finee! Enlighten me." I told him and he grins.

"This song is by Evanescence. It's called Bring Me To Life. And it's fucking awesome. I fucking love it and it's fucking addicting as weed. And besides, Amy Lee, the leader singer, is hot as fuck!" Josh says and hands me the earbud.

I put it in and listen to it.

How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb
Without a soul, my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become