Chapter 4: He Has a Good Heart

“OMFG! I’m late! What happened to my alarm?!!!!” Josephine stood up from her bed, took her bath and left the house as fast as she can. She wasn’t able to set up her alarm last night because of being pissed off and she overslept. 20 minutes before the school time, Josephine was like 30 minutes away. She was worried that she might be late and being late is not in her dictionary. She took a cab to make it even faster and when she arrived at the school gate, it started raining and she left her umbrella. She ran towards the façade of the school and wiped her wet body. She proceeds to her classroom and she arrives 5 minutes before the class had started. She saw Tao and Chanyeol looking at her with their eyes widened.

“Omo! What happened to you? You’re wet.” Chanyeol put out his handkerchief from his coat and started helping her wiping off her wet hair. “I woke up late and hurried to go to school. It started raining when I got here and I left my umbrella.” She said. “You might get sick! Here take this for now.” Chanyeol stood up, removed his coat and handed it over to Josephine’s back. “No. I.. I’m o…” she didn’t finished. “Shhhh! If you get sick, I won’t stop blaming myself. So just be thankful okay? Hehe.” Chanyeol winked at her. While Tao gave her his bonnet and helped her wore it. Her heart beats so fast again as Tao was trying to help her out. “There. It might help to keep you warm.” Tao said to her and he cares for her. He was always the same Tao who is always quiet and won’t even talk unless you started the conversation. The class started but in the middle of discussion, Mr. Kim excused himself and they saw him talking to someone.

“Class, we have to suspend the class today.” Mr. Kim said. The other students celebrated. “Quiet please. This is nothing you should be celebrating with. Go straight to your home.” Mr. Kim told the students. They quickly grabbed their bags and went out of the room. “Why did they suspend the class?” Josephine said. “Can’t you see? It’s raining cats and dogs outside.” Tao said and he was smiling. Her heart beats so fast. It was the first time she saw him smiling at her and he was so cute when he smiles. His eyes went smaller and his lips are so beautiful. “Yaa! Let’s have some lunch first before going home. Josephine you’ll come with us. Arasseo?” Chanyeol said in a bossy way.

They were about to go inside the cafeteria when Chanyeol and Tao came across with Kai. “Hey dude!” both Tao and Chanyeol said and made some bro fists with Kai. “Where are you heading to?” Tao asked Kai. “I’m looking for you guys! I wanted to eat some lunch with you.” Kai said. “Jjinja?! That was our plan too! Alright let’s go” Chanyeol said and placed his arms around Kai’s shoulder. He was about to introduce Kai to Josephine but before he could speak, Kai told him that he knows her and they were classmates. They sat on the table and started eating when suddenly Kai grabbed some food from Josephine’s plate.

“Yaaa! What are you doing?!” Josephine yelled at Kai. “I like those! Why don’t you share it?” Kai smirked and it made her angry. She tried to keep clam because the other boys was there. “Ugh! If only Tao and Chanyeol weren’t here, I would definitely punch you” she thought. “Ya! Kai, be good to her.” Tao said. “We’re sorry for Kai’s attitude. He’s just a kid we hope you’d understand his immatureness.” Chanyeol said in a teasing way. “Ya! I’m not a kid!” Kai defended himself to Chanyeol and rolled his eyes to Josephine.

The boys were having fun and they kept on chatting and teasing each other. When they finished their lunch, they decided to go now because the weather is really getting worse. Josephine removed Chanyeol’s jacket same as Tao’s bonnet and handed it over to them. “It’s okay! You can take them for now. Besides, you don’t even have an umbrella.” Chanyeol said while patting her head and messed her hair. “Yes. It’s fine. Just wear them. It’s not good to get sick I’m telling you.” Tao said and smiled at her. “Gomawo. I’ll return these to you tomorrow!” She bowed to them. Kai just rolled his eyes to her and smirked. They left and Josephine decided to stay at school for a little while hoping that the rain would stop even just for a little while. But it seems that the rain is getting even worse than she expected.