Chapter 6: Crossing the line

“One more week before the audition.” She said while she was marking her calendar. She started preparing her breakfast and went to school. She was surprised that everyone was not wearing their uniforms. Chanyeol went over her who is leaning on the school gate. “Josephine! Don’t you know, it’s our foundation day? Omo! I forgot you’re just new here.” Chanyeol said. “Foundation day?! She exclaimed. “Yes! It’ll be one week celebration until the dance contest. Go home and change your clothes! I’ll wait for you.” Chanyeol said while pushing her outside the school gate.

She went home taking a taxi cab. “Aish. I didn’t know that todays is the start of Foundation day.” She mumbled. As she arrives in her house, she hurried to her room and look for decent clothes. She changed into black pants, a hoodie, and sneakers and let her long hair down. She went back to school and Chanyeol was still on the gate waiting for her.

Chanyeol was surprised about what she looks likes. “Wow. You’re so beautiful.” He said in amazement. “Psssh. You’ve got to be kidding me!” she laughed. “Alright let’s go find Tao and Kai and spend the first Foundation day with them.” He said and placed his arms around her shoulders. Of course girls are staring at her again “Haha! The girls are so envy of you.” Chanyeol noticed it too. “Yes and they’re going to kill me if you won’t let go of me. Haha” she said. Chanyeol was surprised and he let go of her.

They couldn’t find Tao and Kai so Chanyeol called them. “Yaa! Where you guys at? Meet us on the cafeteria” he said and hangs up the phone. Only after a few minutes, they came. “You’re coming with us?!” Kai exclaimed and giving her a stare. “Of course she’s coming with us!” Chanyeol said to Kai. She saw him rolling his eyes again and she did the same thing too “Psssh.” She mumbled.

They started walking around the campus and played along with the games. They were having so much fun as they laughed, and kept on chatting with each other. They went over the food section and tried all the free tasting. Kai used to get so much free taste that the other students were getting annoyed because he wouldn’t even dare to buy some. “Pig boy.” Josephine mumbled to herself but unfortunately, Kai heard her. “Bwoa?!” he said taking one step closer to her as if he’s going to hit her. “I said you’re a pig. Why don’t you just buy?” she said. “Because there’s a free taste! Why would I waste my money.” He defended himself. “Stupid! You like those and you almost finish all the free taste. Pig.” She teased him and let her tongue out. “What did you say?! Stupid? Pig? Aaaaah, come here you’re dead!” Kai started to come closer to her, held her shoulders and raised his fist almost going to punch her.

Josephine covered her face with her hands and screamed “Aaaaaah!” Kai began to laugh so hard. “You stupid girl! You think I’m going to punch you?!” Kai is still laughing at her. “Hey Kai, stop making fun of her.” Tao said. “Omo! Good thing you’re here Tao. You’re my hero.” She thought. She let her tongue out and showed it to Kai, he was now pissed off.

They were seating on the bench under a tree. “Hey Tao, will you come with me?” Chanyeol said to Tao. “Where are we going?” He asked. “I’ll just get something some thing from my locker. Come on let’s go.” Chanyeol said and grabbed Tao’s hand. “We’ll be right back!” Tao yelled on Josephine and Kai. There was an awkward silence between the two.