Chapter 30 - Go Devils!

*HUNTER'S POINT OF VIEW*

Eli and Sam are sitting next to me on the bleachers. We are sitting in the front row.

The siren for half time went about less than a minute ago. Everyone in the gym is sitting in anticipation, waiting for the show to start. The fact that Nikki was leading the cheerleaders this year had spread like wildfire all around the school.

Almost the whole school is here, some even waiting at the door just to catch a glimpse of the performance. Okay, maybe I had been looking forward to this ever since I knew about it. I don't really care about the game.

Most of the crowd are guys. I get the feeling that most of them aren't even here for the game, just the show. I bite back a scowl that's threatening to appear on my face.

The principal goes out onto the court. "Now, I'll introduce, the Devil's Cheer Squad!" She yells, quickly rushing off the court.

The lights dim, signalling the start of the act. All of the cheerleaders come out onto the court, grinning. They all wear black jackets, with the hoods on, with the red school logo on it with short red skirts. The logo on the back of their jackets is a devil, the school mascot.

Nikki flashes me a quick smile and then gets into position. All of the girls turn around, their backs to the crowd. Cheap Thrills starts to play through the speakers.

The girls start to dance and move to the beat. You would think that it was choreographed professionally, that's how good the dancing is. They move their arms, legs and hips to the rhythm. This performance looks like it should be in dance competitions or on stages. Not in a high school gym.

They all move perfectly in sync with the beat, adding hip hop moves in there a couple times. The whole crowd looks mesmerised by their performance and it's only been a couple seconds. Nikki and Alex lead them all, dancing at the front. The cheerleaders at the back do backflips, frontflips and cartwheels.

The lyrics in the song die down and then Alex grabs a microphone. She picks up where the lyrics left off. Her voice is so powerful and amazing, she sings the song perfectly. The cheerleaders continue dancing to the music, using hip hop moves and other moves in the dance.

Suddenly, all the lights in the gym shut off. The music stops and it makes a rewinding sound. Suddenly, white lights flash all over the gym and onto the girls.

They no longer have their black jackets on, they've taken them off to reveal a black crop tops underneath. They turn around and give the crowd a grin that looks half triumphant and half evil.

Salute plays on the speakers. Alex starts singing along with it, hitting the notes perfectly.

Nikki leads the girls into the dance, using stronger and more badass moves than before. She grins and keeps dancing. It's still dark in the gym but all you can hear is the music, the crowd silent. Watching the performance.

When it gets to the chorus, they all freeze, standing as straight as a soldier would when saluting his superiors.

Alex grabs the microphone again.

"Ladies all across the world, listen up we're looking for recruits!" She sings, the rest of the cheerleaders bursting into dance again.

The actual lyrics for the song pick up again, Alex dancing with the others now.

All of the cheerleaders move perfectly in sync with each other, busting out moves that no one in the crowd could even think about trying. Lifting each other up and then backflipping in mid air, landing it perfectly.