17: Trouble

I spent the next few hours searching for companies that may be interested in partnering up with Smith Enterprise. But none of them were interested. Even Wayne Mason, who seemed friendly, didn't want to. My last resort was Robert Pines. And since I already know what his answer is going to be, I don't even try to contact him to see if he's even the slightest interested. Right when I was about to get up to go tell Mr. Smith the oh so wonderful news, he texts me.

Mr. Smith: Did you find anyone yet?

Me: No.

Mr. Smith: What about Robert Pines?

What am I going to say to that? Oh you know, I haven't tried talking to him because he's a complete and total ass hole, just like you sometimes. Yeah if I said that, then I'd be fired for good. But I shouldn't lie, I just got my job back.

Me: I haven't talked to him yet.

That seems like a reasonable answer. It's not a lie so I think it's good.

Mr. Smith: Well see to it that you do.

Me: Okay.

I went onto Pines Incorporated website and searched for Robert's email. Once I found it, I decide to send him one.

Monday, September 20th.
9:30 am

Hello Mr. Pines, this is Elizabeth once again. First off, I want to let you know that I am not interested in working for you for I have gotten my job back. Second off, I am emailing you to see if you're interested in partnering up with Smith Enterprise. Please respond back as soon as possible.

Elizabeth Ennis- Smith Enterprise

After I hit send, I decide to take a sip of my caramel frappè. Which is delicious. While I was waiting to receive and email from Robert, the phone rang.

"This is Smith Enterprise, you're speaking to Elizabeth. Who am I speaking to?" I say.

"This is Vianna Capperini. I need to talk to Adam." Her heavy accent demands. I roll my eyes, last time to talked to her, she was a bitch.

"I'm sorry, the only way to talk to him is if you have an appointment. Do you have one?" I say.

"Phone me through." She orders. I roll my eyes.

"Do you have an appointment?" To be honest, no one really needs to have an appointment to talk to Mr. Smith, I'm just tormenting her for payback.

"Listen bitch, I can have Adam easily fire you if you don't phone me through." She threatens. Her threat doesn't really have an effect on me.

"Calm down. No need for threats. Hold on." I say, as I hit a button on the phone to phone her through. I roll my eyes and sigh as I hang up.

It's really beyond my reasoning as to why Mr. Smith is dating her. She's just bad news written in bold print. My computer chirps, letting me know I have a notification. I check it and see that I have an email.

Monday, September 20th
9:40 am

The answer is no. I have no interest in partnering up with Smith Enterprise.

-Pines, Robert
Pines Incorporated

I sigh, this guy is so blunt. I bet he doesn't even think about all the opportunities that will come if he does partner up. He makes me want to pull all of my hair out with his stubbornness. But I'm not giving up. I don't want to disappoint Mr. Smith.

Monday, September 20th
9:45 am

Mr. Pines, I would like for you to consider all of the opportunities that this will bring to your company. If you partner up, then you will boost your company's income and it'll be more money for you in your pocket. And your company's rating will go up by a few percent.