Chapter 9: My Spotlight.

Hi, guys! I convinced myself to update this chapter, so I ended up writing this on my fieldtrip lol

Enjoy!

◆△◆△

"So," Marco says as he goes to the kitchen. "are we going or not?"

"What do you mean, 'going or not'?"

He shrugs. "Remember? I said we're going to that ball to watch over Star."

"No, I'm going to that ball to watch over Star. You're staying here." You say and dig for your closet to pick for formal clothes.

He spits his water. "What?! Hey, Star's my friend. I'm not letting you go there alone."

"Well Star's my twin sister." You turn around to look at him, concern plastered on your face as your brows furrowed. "I'm keeping an eye on her and for the last time, you're staying here, Marco."

Marco stays silent and sits down with a bowl of nachos on hand. You change your clothes quickly in the bathroom. As he munches on his nachos, a sudden flash of light erupts inside the bathroom. He ignores it.

After a while, you open the door and the sound of your heels clicking echoes the room.

"So, how... do I look?"

Marco's glare glances up at you and his eyes instantly widen. You give him a weak, small side-smile, placing a strand of your (h/c) hair behind your ear.

He blushes. "You... look perfect."

Your eyes light up. "R-really?"

"Yeah..."

Nothing but awkward silence as you stare into Marco and he stares into you. "Uh..." you say. Marco shakes his head. You laugh. "I should go."

You reach for the same bell Star used earlier and hit it with the hammer. The same carriage arrives and you enter.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go?" Marco asks again.

You nod. "Yes. I want you to stay here and don't go."

"Where to?" The carrier asks.

"The Underworld," you remind. The ride starts to go down and you wave to Marco. He trudgingly waves back.

◆△◆△

You step out of the carriage and the dark aura of the Underworld welcomes you. You straighten out your dress and wear your white mask to conceal your identity from Star. She'll consider you not a party pooper when she see you, but what is the mask for?

You walk through the crowd and see your sister and his ex standing on a platform with a photographer in front of them.

"... but my bestfriend is a unicorn." you heard Star tell Tom.

Tom tries to reason, but Star stops him. "I don't want a picture, Tom." She pushes him away, making him grumble and rub something behind his back. You shake your head and roll your eyes to get punch.

As you drink the red-colored drink, someone taps your shoulder. You turn around to see a creature dressed in formal. "Hey, aren't you Tom's date?" It asks.

Shocked, you wave your hands back and forth. "Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no---"

"Yep. You're Tom's date. Sorta."

You slump and huff. This monster is crazy to think that your actually Tom's date. Psh, not in this world and Underworld.

The creature roll its eyes. "You know, Tom set this whole thing up just to dance with you in the Blood Moon Ball." It flips its hair and struts back to its other monsters.