8: Steak Strips

Chapter 8: Steak Strips

The voices of their laughter filled the air. Leo removed the duvet, got up from the bed and joined them while I stood there drenched in shivering cold water.

"You guys got her so bad", Leo said between his laughter.

"This. Is. Not. Funny", I punctured each of my words, shooting them a resentful look.

"Well you decided to drench me in water first. I just beat you to it", Leo reasoned, still grinning.

"But how?"

"Well I saw you filling up the bucket. I knew you were up to something. Josh and Derek was already in front of your house, I called them and told them to take the back door so that they can fill up a bucket of water from the backyard".

"And you made our job a whole lot easier by forgetting to lock the front door Emma", Josh guffawed.

I mentally face palmed myself, why do I have to be such a sloppy person?

"Get ready princess, we need to get to school. You can plot your revenge later", Leo playfully slapped me on my butt.

I seethed. He just winked at me, leaving the room shirtless, while Josh and Derek followed him behind.

I took a warm shower, changed into jeans and a loose fitting tank top. I rushed downstairs with my already packed school bag.

The smell of pancakes engulfed me making my stomach lurching in hunger. Derek and Josh were enjoying a plate of pancakes while Leo was preparing them. Aw, they look like a cute family.

"Here you go princess", Leo handed me a plate, I observed the contents on it carefully, it looked delectable but I still had my doubts after this morning's incident, "Did you put anything I shouldn't be consuming?"

"Nope. A chef never messes with his cooking".

.......................

This is a bad idea. A very bad idea. I entered the school hall with Josh by my side who was telling me how bacon should be the national food of America. We were having a pretty heated debate on that. But he definitely didn't notice the stares from people we were getting. Leo and Derek followed us behind, they were having a pretty intense conversation too, about motorbikes.

I am sure Jules will attack me with her paws again if she sees me with Leo and his group of friends. I bet one of Jules's skanks, Serena whom I saw drinking water from the fountain had already speed dialed her.

"Guys", I cleared my throat interrupting their conversations, "I think I am gonna have to leave you guys here, my class might be starting any minute".

"No we were planning on seeing you off to your class anyway. Besides it doesn't matter if we are late, we are always late to our first period", Josh shrugged sketchily.

"Seriously guys its cool. You guys don't have to be such gentlemen", I said laughing hesitantly. My laughter failing to conceal the tension.

"Is everything alright Emma?" Leo asked dubiously arching an eyebrow at me.

"Everything's just peachy. I just want to get to class", I walked away abruptly. Reaching for my books from my locker, quickly heading towards my next class, history. After traveling quite a few steps, I looked back to see Leo or any of the boys weren't following me. I sighed in relief.

But of course Jules had to pass by then, bumping into me on purpose, dropping all my books. "Slut", she hissed so silently that only I could hear. She stopped in front of me, waiting for me to pick up my books. I got up holding the books tightly against my chest, trying my best to avoid eye contact with her.