12: Spinach

Chapter 12:Spinach

"I am going to kill that bitch".

"Emma stop".

"No one can stop me from carrying out this ominous work".

"Try to understand, it's not the time to barge into someone's-", Leo said grabbing me by my wrists.

"You don't understand! She knew how George is afraid of dark closed spaces. But she still had the audacity to do that", I screamed, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. In middle school bunch of guys locked him up in the boys washroom in the dark. He was so afraid that he had to go to therapy. Jules knew, she was there with us during middle school, in our class.

Leo wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug, I was too livid at Jules to protest,"Calm down princess. We will deal with Jules later", he played with my hair distractedly. "But first you need to be with George", he let go off me. I nodded understanding his point.

"Can we go home?" George asked who was sitting on the bench by the park. We successfully sneaked out of school without any mishaps, thanks to Leo who knew his way around school well. I still didn't know how he has all the keys to school.

"I am going with you", I said to George. "Wait here we will walk together". George seemed to have calmed down after the incident. In fact he was cracking jokes with Leo few minutes ago. I knew he was trying his best to forget this and we were trying to help him.

"Thanks for everthing", I hugged Leo back. "Go home I will be staying with George for the night.

"No problem princess. Take care of him", he said smiling. "I will see you tomorrow and George hope you are okay man", he patted on George's shoulder. He nodded thanking him.

We started walking down the street when Leo stopped us on his bike. "Are you sure you guys don't want a ride back home?"

"Nope. I think we are okay with walking since his house is few blocks away".

"I will see you guys then. Goodnight guys. And princess don't forget to dream about me", he immediately took of with his bike, leaving me to goofily smile to myself. Regardless of his bad boy reputation he was a caring person.

"Leo seems like a good guy. Very different from what I have heard about him", George said. "And someone seems to be developing a crush on him", George said playfully bumping his shoulder against mine, getting me out of my trance.

"No I am not!" I cried out. My best friends seem to be getting a little nuts these days.

"But your pupils dilate whenever Leo is around you", George quipped.

"Just because you stayed at school overnight that doesn't make you a genius", I commented.

"Yeah sure it doesn't. So you seem to be catching up on my lame puns. The answer is Feyonce right?" He asked referring to the joke I texted him.

"Yup. That's right".

"So I have another one for you...".

"Please no George. That's enough".

..............

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. "Hello..", I drawled.

"HOW'S GEORGE? I JUST WOKE UP AND SAW YOUR TEXT. I DIDN'T CALL HIM SINCE I DIDN'T WANNA DISTURB HIM AFTER WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT. WE NEED TO POISON JULES", I wouldn't be surprised if I lose my hearing after this.

"Whoa calm down Hailey. George is fine", I finally got up to see George wasn't there beside me. "I think he woke up already", I headed downstairs.