13: Eggplant

Chapter 13: Eggplant

"Hailey I honestly have nothing to wear at all", I whined over the phone.

"Calm down. First of all you are not wearing a hoodie to the party", she chided me.

"But.. It's comfortable", that was my favourite hoodie to wear all the time.

"No... look at the back of the closet. Remember your cousin gave you this dress for your birthday last year- wear that".

"I don't remember where I kept that. Besides my closet is a mess", I was too lazy to organize my closet so I ended up piling all the clothes at one side making a giant cloth mountain which can topple down any time. And I was too scared to touch that.

"No I saw it at the back of your closet inside a polyester back", after much searching I finally found the dress it where Hailey told me.

"Wow thanks Hailey I don't know what I would have done without you", I said gratefully.

"Just treat me to some ice cream okay?" She made me promise. I happily agreed.

"You sure you don't wanna come over?" I asked her.

"Nope. I need to pass this test or Mr. Wilson will make me fail", she said ruefully.

"Okay. It won't be fun without you", I said.

"Nope it will. You are going there to take revenge on Jules! Just make sure you do that", she said animatedly.

"Haha I will".

Hanging up I took a good look at the dress in my hand, it was a black full sleeve bodycon dress.

I tried it on and it fitted me perfectly. I styles my hair to the side and wore matching black wedges as Hailey suggested. I was bad at putting on makeup so I tried my best to apply some eyeliner, mascara and lipstick.

A final glance at the mirror told me I did a decent job. I did look quite good.

Grabbing my clutch I headed downstairs where Leo was waiting for me. He chose to wear dark blue jeans and a black shirt. I had to admit he looked quite good.

But his eyes were on me. "Princess I must say you look beautiful. I don't think I will be able to take my eyes off you", he said eyeing me up and down.

I tried my best not to blush. "Umm thanks. Let's go now", I said taking his hand in mine.

Turns out the party was at Max Jonathan's  house who was one of  Leo's close friends so mostly there were seniors here except for some of my classmates I recognized.

"What's up Justice?" Josh greeted me by wrapping his arms around me. I hugged him back. While Derek settled for a small hi. He was so quiet and shy it was cute.

Rest of the night went smoothly. The boys played beer pong while I watched them. Leo was always around me, having a protective hand on my back.

"I have to confess something", I said to Leo while we were watching a game of beer pong between Derek and Josh.

"Confess away princess"

"I never had alcohol".

"What?" He looked at me wide eyed confused. "So that's why you haven't touched any of the drinks at the party".

I nodded. He told me to wait, coming back with a red plastic cup filled with beer. "Here try this. Just taste it. I don't want you to get drunk".

I took the cup from him giving him it a  wistful look. "I hope it's clean".