Chapter 15- Night Seven

Text to Shadow and Ghost:

Dear assassin. You are not required tonight. So we are giving you the night off. Enjoy your evening.

Æ

Shadow's POV:

I receive the nightly text. Eh? A night off. What, have we killed everyone in this area or something? Hmmm. It is strange but I'm not complaining. It is a rare thing to have a night off. I have only had it on two other occasions. I text Ghost to see if she is still hinting tonight. She responds saying no. This must mean that no assassin in this area is active tonight.

I send Ghost a text to see if she would like to meet up somewhere and hang out for a bit considering we didn't have much to do. She said yes so we met up in the village and started walking somewhere. We didn't know where we were walking to but oh well. It was nice to have a night off.

Ghost's POV:

I met up with Jordan and we started walking together.

"Isn't it weird that we have the night of?" I ask.

"Not weird. Just very rare that you do get a night off. I would take it and not complain. It will be one of the only times that you get a night off from killing people." Shadow says in return. I agree with him because he knows this business inside out like the back of his hand.

"Something definitely doesn't seem and feel right though." I respond.

"I know what you mean. I'm getting that feeling to." Shadow states a little worried.

We continue walking then stop on the outskirts of the village and we sit down and look across the village in all it's beauty at night.

Then, we hear footsteps walking towards us and not just one set of footsteps. Multiple sets. Then four figures start to appear out of the darkened shadows.

EARLIER THAT NIGHT:

Text sent to Blizzard, Neko Thief, The White Wolf and Chara:

YOUR TASK TONIGHT IS TO WORK TOGETHER. YOURE TARGETS ARE GHOST AKA BECCA AND SHADOW AKA JORDAN. THESE WILL BE YOUR TOUGHEST TARGETS YET. KILL THEM BOTH AND YOU ALL GET PAID. THERE IS AN APP ON YOUR PHONES WHICH CAN TRACK THEIR POSITION. YOU WILL NEED TO USE IT TO HELP TACK THEM DOWN AS I AM SURE THEY WILL BE CONSTANTLY MOVING. HOOD LUCK AND DON'T LET US DOWN.

Æ

Third Person POV:

All four members of the group gather at Chara's house to discuss their plan of attack. They have many ideas but all will have faults due to the skill of their targets tonight. They decide to go together and all attack at once. To play the numbers game. They head out ready to ambush the two.

BACK AT THE SCENE:

Shadow's POV:

I see the four figures as they appear under the light.

"Oh no! NO, NO, NO! WHY THE BLOODY HELL ARE THESE ACTIVE!" I shout with immense anger.

"Who are they?" Ghost questions.

"That is Neko Thief, The White Wolf, Chara and.... B..b..Blizzard!" I respond.

"Aren't they the dark figments of Lauren, Jessie, Chazzy and Shanice?" Ghost asks very worried.

"Yes, yes they are. They shouldn't be active. Their gene shouldn't be active! I also think I know why they are here as well." I respond to Ghost.

"Well, why are they here. Like this?" Ghost is now getting increasingly panicky.

"You know they said we had the night off? Well they didn't mean for one day. They are permanently putting us off of work. We are the targets!" I shakily respond.

"We are the targets?" Ghost resays.

Third Person POV:

Yep. Shadow and Ghost were the targets of a vicious assault. An assault from their own friends.

"This isn't good. There's too many to take on but I have an ideas." Shadow managed to sound calm. But in him mind he knew that he couldn't shoot or kill them because if they did they would be completely dead. The White Wolf attempted the first attack on Shadow. It failed. Shadow happily blocked the attack and retaliated by pushing her to the floor and getting ready for the next attack. But he decided to press her shoulder in a certain way and it put her to sleep!

"What have you done to her?!" Ghost asked shocked.

" It's a simple reset of the mind. They forget everything on the current night and reboot. They have to look at their phones to know their objectives it's simple. We just hit them and then I shall reset them. Change the text to something else and then they should be fine. The only problem is that we will have to fight them!" Shadow hastily explains as he tries to repel attacks from Neko Thief and Blizzard. Chara decides to go for Ghost. All of them have swords swinging and bashing.

Neko Thief attempts a kill on Shadow but that leads to a counter but Blizzard catches him with a throwing snowflake. A missed opportunity. However he has managed to push Neko Thief to the floor. He drags himself over to her and presses her shoulder. She shuts her eyes. 2 down 2 to go. Blizzard's still throwing this snowflakes at Shadow. Whilst Chara has now started a fist fight with Ghost. Shadow dodged most of the snowflakes and gets close to Blizzard who is too slow in getting her swords and Shadow presses her shoulder and she goes out like a light. Then Chara takes aim at Ghost. 2 guns pointing right at her. Shadow sees it and starts running. Then Ghost opens her eyes. Not one scratch was on her. Instead she looked down to find Shadow in great pain. He had dived in front of her and took the bullets to his leg and stomach. Chara goes to grab her other 2 guns and takes aim. Ghost now in shock and fear for Shadow. And for herself. Shadow hands her a piece of metal and a gun.

"Shoot her. It's only BB pellets. It won't kill her. Only injure. Ghost fires the gun at Chara and she falls from the force of the pellets. Shadow drags himself over in great pain and puts her to sleep. He then sends a text to their phones to say they should return home. They have the night off. As they all wake they look at their phones and leave.

Ghost's POV:

Shadow is lead there. Jordan is lead there. In great pain and agony. A pool of blood starts to form but I couldn't care less. I knelt down by him crying my eyes out. He had saved my life. By risking his own.

"Why did you do that to yourself?" I ask crying.

"Because your life is more important than mine. And I love you. I would never let you die." Shadow said this very weakly.

"Can you take me home please." Shadow asks, "I have stuff there that will help me heal."

"Yes, I will. Because you are so not dying on me tonight! It's only been three days!!" I pick him up and carry him home. He's fading quickly. A severe loss of blood can kill him.

I reach his house and I open the door. I put him on his bed and he starts going through draws to find bandages and tablets. He starts by taking out the bullets and covering the wounds. That should stop the bleeding. He then takes the tablets to help with the pain.

"Thank you, for saving my life! I love you!!" I say almost in tears again.

"You're welcome. I love you too!" He replies whilst sitting up and hugging me tight. I hug him back and kiss him. Then I realise that I need to get home before the sunrise in the morning.

"Hey, I need to go back home. But I will be back later tomorrow morning, ok?" I say to him as I kiss him on his cheek.

"Yes that is fine. Have a good night!" He replies and then kisses my lips!

I walk home very worried about whether he will make it through the night.