8: Cloudy With A Chance Of Complicated

HELLO ! LO ... Lo ... lo

Imagine an echo .....

Anyways ....

Hi guys ! I just wanted to say that this chapter is dedicated and co-written by Ms_Exuberan !! So you guys should thank her and fan her for this awesome chapter !

*****

It was the longest walk back to Noah's place. I don't think we noticed just how far we walked until we were anxious to get home. In the back of my mind I was praying that Noah would still be asleep when we got back.

But, over all, I've decided to not take any more walks with Jake, because not only were they weird but my feet and my legs hurt, and I'm just not cut out for pain, that's why I'm failing P.E.

When we walked back into the house Noah was very much awake. He turned to us with a look of distress on his face.

"Are you okay?" I asked walking over to him. He looked over at Jake and said.

"Where were you two?" Jake laughed and I walked over to the arch way of the living room.

"Chill, Noah, we just took a walk. That's it," Jake came and stood next to me. I smiled up at him and he smiled back. I handed him his jacket then he started to walk out but looked back at Noah. "and on that note, I'm off to bed, night." He waved over his shoulder heading up stairs. Noah watched him as he left, then turned to me.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" he asked me. I sighed and walked over to him.

"You were sleeping, I didn't think it mattered. I was with Jake so I thought it'd be fine," I responded.

He snorted then looked at me and said, "You should have told me before you left, where you were going." I laughed and threw my hands up.

"It was a spur of the moment thing." He gave me a look and then I rolled my eyes. "Noah, I'm a big girl," I responded with confidence I didn't know I had, "Why does it matter?" I furrowed my brow, then crossed my arms over my chest.

He opened his mouth then closed it, running his fingers through his hair just like I had done earlier. I blushed, remembering his smooth dark hair between my fingers. He looked down at me, then sighed heavily.

"Look, I was just worried about you, I didn't mean to be a jerk." I sighed and wrapped my arms around him.

"I should've told you. I shouldn't have worried you like I did. I'm sorry." He chuckled, his chest vibrating against my face.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, I was being a dork, as usual." I laughed slightly, enjoying the feel of his arms around me.

"Hush, before someone hears you." He laughed, then pulled me at arms length. He took his hand and moved a strand of of hair from my face, to behind my ear.

"Oh well, it's too late now." We pulled back slightly and looked into each others eyes. He smiled at me, then his smile fell and his eyes changed to something I couldn't understand.

He leaned in slightly to where our lips were a breath apart. My cheeks burned scarlet at how close we were. His eyes closed tight as he pulled away.

He smiled. "Night, I'm gonna head off to bed. See you if you come up?" I nodded still slightly shocked. He nodded and left up to his room. I watched him leave and only thought one thing.

What just happened?

~•~

When I finally snapped out of my trying to figure out if that was just all in my head or if he just really almost kissed me, I headed up stairs. Noah was already in bed, he had saved a spot for me.