Chapter One

*Layla*

  "Babydoll," Thomas, my best friend and partner yelled. "Harrison is on the phone."

  "Okay," I yelled grabbing the phone from my nightstand. "What's up Harrison?"

  "You're going on a trip," Harrison said. "One of the royal islands is having a coronation for the new king and I want you to cover the whole event."

  "Alright," I nodded to myself grabbing my notepad and pen. "What's the soon to be king's name?"

  "James Ramerez," Harrison said and I heard the dial tone.

  "Please be a different James Ramerez," I begged silently pulling the information up one my laptop. "THOMAS!"

  "What?" He asked walking into my room.

  "Pack a bag," I moaned falling back on my bed. "I'm not going back there alone."

  "Back where?" He asked dropping onto my desk chair. "This is where Harrison is sending you?"

  "Yep," I moaned. "Please go with me. I can't go back there and face everyone that I left. I especially don't want to face Marcie alone."

  "Of course I'll go with," Thomas smiled rolling over to my bed. "Just promise me this,if she tries to be all nice give her that Layla sass that you give me and Ariel."

  "I'll try," I smiled sitting up and hugging him. "Ok book us a flight and call my dad to let him know."

  "I'll call Ari and let her know the plan," he smiled jumping up. "Oh and pack some of you're sexy clothes, we're going to show these people the real you."

  "I'm​ a workaholic," I deadpanned. "So you're plan won't work."

  "Drunk Layla is fun," Thomas laughed and I threw a pillow at his head.

  "I'm not getting drunk while we are working," I yelled, wincing as I remembered what happened last time Thomas and Ari got me drunk.

___________________________________________

*Ian*

  I was reading an article in the news paper when my mother and Marcie walked into my personal office.

  "James we need to talk," mother said as they say in the chairs.

  "About what?" I sighed going back to reading.

  "You need a wife," mother said and I muttered a curse folding the paper and giving her my attention. "You're going to be king in a week's time so you need to find someone to have a potential heir with."

  "Diana is still interested in you," Marcie said. "And she's a royal."

  "No," I said. "Diana is a spoiled brat and so are the rest of the royal princesses. Mother, I am not getting married just to produce a heir, now get out I am busy."

  "Royal blood is the only way to keep our blood line safe," Marcie snapped. "So if you want to keep the crown then you'll have to choose one of the princesses."

  "Get out," I said deadly calm glaring at her until the door closed behind them. Dropping back in my chair I opened one of the drawers and pulled out the framed picture of the one person I have ever cared about, "Mi princesa(spanish-my princess)."