Chapter Seventeen

Note: I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes and this chapter is dedicated to you guys.

mildred2113 cedes1617 kimmgirl003 trina1010

Wendy_Haynes37 Hokett KristieCornell puffyprinny

TudorMonica EmmaOmoruyi TRACEYSMITH928

@LauralAnneBeddoe @Allyah0123 @LaPrincessOscura

Puspasree claireroisin malspanda Renriex Allyah0123

Sorry if I missed anyone. }

*Ian*

  I was heading to my office trying to figure out what Gunner needed from Layla when I heard my name being called by the last person I wanted to see. Cursing I spotted the gym doors and I ran towards them and slammed them closed leaning against them in relief.

  "Who the frick frack are you?" someone demanded and I jerked my head up to see four guys surrounding Layla who was staring at me confused and amused.

  "Dude that's the soon to be king," the guy beside him said. "He's also the reason why Layla here was attacked."

  "Pound?"

  "No," Gunner laughed and I raised a brow at Layla who giggled rushing up to me and showing me the tablet.

'Sorry, they can be a bit of a handful sometimes but their family. Toby is the one with the leather vest and guns attached to his hips. Tyson is the one with the naughty-nice tattoos on his forearms, he kind of like the Santa from Rise Of The Guardians deadly yet harmless. Russ is the one who has the scar running down his face, he's also the oldest and doesn't take crap from anyone. Addy is the one with the one build like a truck he can kick butt and save the damsel in distress who normally ends up being me.'

  "Oh," I nodded and kissed her cheek causing her to duck her head and I saw the redness in her cheeks. "So are you here to keep Layla safe?"

  "Yes," the one with the scar...Russ growled. "Layla is our charge and princess, therefore, we protect her and keep her safe from any threat. One of us will be with her twenty-four seven so she is protected."

  "Don't try dove," the one in leather said and I looked down to see Layla close her mouth glaring slightly. "You could have died and then your father would kill us for letting that happen."

*Layla*

  Groaning I stomped out of the gym dragging Ian with me before one of the boys told my family secret to Ian and then there would be a ton of explaining to do and I wasn't ready to tell him or anyone for that matter. Finally arriving at Ian's room and pulled him and closed the door and laying down on the bed pulling a pillow over my head.

  "I'm happy you have several people protecting you," Ian said and I felt him lay down beside me. Raising my head and smiled slightly kicking my shoes off and crawling under the bed yawning.