06

It was silent, boring no matter how much Azolla tried to lighten the mood around them during the journey. Lux was the only one that tried to please her, hanging around long enough to make the woman happy.

Terra and Wilber were different. She was quiet by nature, not one to leave her room or a hidden compartment in the train unless necessary. Wilber chose to be distant, grumbling that this would be his last ever year as a mentor.

She didn't blame him, the screaming and cheering of the Capitol was already harsh on her ears as they traveled through the tunnel to reach the city. They were not yet there but she could still make out names being called by there partying.

It made her wonder how different these games would be from the many others that she had witnessed. The ones before no one knew who she was, and she knew no one else is return.

She had watched the tapes of the reaping's from the other districts, watching the faces that she knew blur together. There had been the one with Johanna that made her laugh, the woman screaming and acting all shocked that she was chosen when she was the only one left.

There were Katniss and Peeta, the situation being similar to that of her own but still vastly different. The baker boy volunteered because of love, Lux and herself did it for the safety of their friends. It was not way for her to watch, the way they both struggled and called out hasty goodbyes to heir families- Haymitch trailing close behind solemnly.

The one she watched over and over was District 4, where 3 familiar faces stood up on the stage instead of corralled into sectors as she was. There was something akin to honour in their reaping, even when sweet Annie cried out in fear as her name was called and Mags silently took her place. Finnick, as handsome as the day she met him, did not smile once through the affair and she wondered if he knew what she was planning to do at that moment.

She had gone over and over the tape, memorizing each of their faces closely. She wanted to commit Mags and Finnick to memory, not wanting to mistake the way she felt for them if the time came that they were pitted together. She followed Annie's movements, wishing that someone would care for her when they were all gone.

It had been hard, to watch it all over and think of these people that she knew as the enemy when every part of her protested the idea.

She disregarded the idea altogether for as long as possible, even still when she was ushered from the train and dragged off by her prep team - an entirely new group of people but her stylist remained the same.

Lonzo was a proud man that did not go for the stereotypical looks that made her look like an idiot as some of the other districts did. The first time she had been dressed in leathers and painted as the innocent girl from District 10.

This time was different as she was shoved into a dark leather pair of tight shorts that lung to her like skin and a similar style bralette. Sundresses dismissed and chains replacing them as they hung around here waist like a train and her arms. He had incorporated them into her hair and hung a costume whip at her side - glowing horns to her forehead.

She looked like the cattle ready for slaughter instead of the girl controlling the animals. Lux was dressed similarly, the man nearly laughing at how uncomfortable she looked to be. Lonzo came to the both of them as they stepped out among the other districts, urging them not to address the crowd - they had no problem agreeing.

The chariots were much the same as the last time she seen them. The horses were familiar to her, having been raised in her District and mostly transported by herself and a few others. They huffed when she passed in their line of sight, stomping a foot to get her attention.