07

Between the victors of District 10 was a silent agreement, one that neither would be willing to break upon the honor of their home and friends. They were victors, and now tributes once more. They would stay together, till the end reached them and they were free from the grasp of the Capitol.

Terra and Lux did not need allies, they had told themselves, they did not want to rely on anyone else. Though she wished she could run off and remain with Finnick, she knew that such a thing would be impossible as they had people that were depending on their performance.

She could not see a scenario where she could hold his hand freely without fear of what would happen to those on the outside.

It was why she was silent when she and Lux walked into the training certain, her hair tugged into a bun to proudly display her District number to those that dared forget. She looked tinier in the tight suit that they put her in, her arms appeared frail and gentle. She did not miss the looks that she received from the career pack, those that had the kind those that had the kinds of muscles that bulged in a showing fashion.

Shrugging them off, she scanned the rest of the room- Lux standing close behind her, his own muscles flexing. Katniss and Peeta were held close together trying to distance themselves from the group; Finnick stood with Mags, a grinning Johanna standing close by.

Terra responded with a small smile of her own, pushing past the people in her way and sidled up beside her friend. Their hands linked briefly, a small squeeze of recognition before they released each other and focused on the people that stood up front explaining the rules that they already knew- as though it was something they would forget.

She stood still as they all split, individuals moving off to learn a new skill or show off something that they already knew. Lux remained behind her, quietly urging her to assert herself as a threat to the people that doubted her.

Glancing at the different stations, she saw Johanna playing around with a few axes trying to intimidate a few people; the careers were flashing off their control over their own choice weapons. Katniss was bent over some rope, knot tying with Mags, Finnick was close by, shooting the archer continuous glances.

Envy sparked in her chest, jealously bounding with each increased beat of her heartrate as she grew angrier. This was the kind of man that he was but she did not enjoy seeing him act like this in front of her.

Curling her hands into tight little fists, she made her way across the room to a remote corner that held different herbs to choose categories. She spent most of her time there, occasionally moving over to a place that spoke of different animals- an area where she and Lux excelled with incredible speed.

They were so set on ignoring everyone else that she nearly missed the show that Katniss was putting on with a bow and arrow. The other tributes surrounded her, watching in barely controlled awe at her aim and the way she moved around swiftly.

Her jaw clenched as the girl finished, breathing in soft pants as Finnick gave her his full attention. Terra huffed, spinning away and going straight a section of the room with an assortment of weapons. She hesitated, fingers brushing of the silver whip that was tipped with a dangerous point at the end- the one thing hers at home did not posses. A part of her wanted to use it, to display her lithe and fluent movements with a weapon that most would laugh at, though she knew that she needed something much more harsh and violent.

Turning away, she caught the eye of a few people as she picked up a beautifully crafted square-headed lump hammer. It tugged her arm down as she lifted it and Terra respond with swinging it back and forth to familiarize herself with the weight of the thing. Most of the weight rested in the ends of the large metal piece, leaving the leather strap comfortable to use- fitting perfectly in her hand.