X

.. Day 6

Caleb slammed the pen that he was holding to his desk while sighing. He kept checking his phone every seconds. He tried to concentrate on his work but he still can't stop thinking about Hannah.

Eversince that nightmare, Caleb can't do his activity properly. He seems to become more clumsy and stubborn. He also skipped his lunch.

Gosh, where are you? Why aren't you replying my text?

With a sigh, Caleb dial your number for the tenth time. "Please pick up your fucking phone Hannah-" Caleb mumbled while closing his eyes, hoping that he will hear your voice soon.

"Damn it- " Caleb threw his phone with a frustrated groan. He ruffled his own hair and slammed his palms to his desks. " .. where the hell are you Hannah?!"

***

Caleb spent his time at his office before he went to Victoria's apartment.

"Hi baby." Caleb smiled and plant a soft kiss on Victoria's forehead before he zombie walked to her living room, resting his tired body on the couch.

"Hey, you look pale. Are you okay?" She sat on the empty spot beside him while staring at his face worriedly. "I'll make you some foods okay?" Caleb and Victoria stared at each other's eyes before Caleb nodded his head.

Victoria also smile and walked to the kitchen. Caleb took off his coat and loosen his tie before he walked to the kitchen to get some fresh drink.

"Hmm. Smells good." Caleb said while pouring some orange juice to a glass. Victoria just chuckled softly while her eyes still on the food.

Caleb closed the fridge and rest his back on it while gulping his orange juice. "You know--" Victoria suddenly spoke, Caleb blinked and stared at her while still drinking his orange juice.

"It's Hannah. I tried to call her since this morning but she didn't pick up the phone. I also visited her apartment earlier but seems like she's not at home." Victoria puckered her lips while serving the foods on the dining table.

Caleb almost choked on his drink after he heard what Victoria just said. ".. I see." Caleb forced a smile and put the empty glass away, "Maybe she's busy right now."

Victoria nodded with her innocent face, "Hmm, maybe. Btw, dinner's ready. Let's eat!" She grinned and dragged Caleb to the dining room.

Hannah, are you alright .. ?

***

Cloudy. Cold. Alone. No one seems to be around.

"Where am I?" You mumbled while looking around the empty forest. "Anybody's here?? " You shouted while still looking around.

Then you saw someone. A tall man was only few meters away from you. You knew he was smiling but you couldn't see his face. He's telling you to come closer with his hands. 

"W-wait!" You quickly walked to him when he turned around and started to walk away.

He was walking slowly and calmly. Though you were running, you still can't pursue him. You kept running and running and running.

Until he stopped and opened a door for you.

You put your hand over your head to protect your eyes from the lights that came out from the door. "W-what is that?" You asked him.

He didn't say anything. In a blink of an eye, he already stood behind you with both his hands on your shoulder. " Death won't change anything. You still can find someone better and change your life. I'll give you one last chance. Please bear the pain for a little longer."

He wasn't talking but you could understand what he was trying to tell you. With that, he pushed you softly to the door and you felt like falling from the sky. ".. One last chance." You whispered to yourself before you closed your eyes and let your body fall to a unseen ground.

***

"Uh .."

You opened your eyes slowly after you felt your body crashed into something. You felt weak and hungry. With the last energy you had, you got up and sit on the bed.

"Where am I .." You mumbled while frowning.

Just then, someone suddenly opened the door. "Oh, you're awake?"

You shifted your gaze to that stranger ans saw a man was walking to you. He sat on the edge of the bed and put the tray that he brought on the desk beside the bed. "How are you feeling?"

Instead of giving an answer, you shifted your gaze to the food he brought earlier. He blinked and laughed a little, "Are you hungry?" You looked back at him and nodded.

He took the porridge and scoot closer to you. He scoop a spoonful of porridge and blow some air softly to it before he bring the spoon closer to your mouth. "Here, slowly. It's still hot."

You opened your mouth slowly and eat the porridge. a smile appeared on your face because the delicious taste of the porridge. The man noticed your smile and he also broke into a smile. 

"Do you like it?" He smiled again and you nodded.

Both of you didn't say any words until you finished the whole porridge. He helped you to drink some fresh water and wiped you mouth with a tissue. "Thank you." You said softly almost whispering.

"No problem." He smiled again. "I found your body at the sea yesterday. Were you--" The man squints his eyes at the girl with his curious look. "- trying to kill yourself?"

You lowered your head as you nodded your head a little. "I should go home."

"No. You're still weak. stay at my place tonight and I'll drive you home tommorow." The man said as he pushed your body slowly until your back touched the bed surface.

"But--"

"No buts. I'll tell you the whole story tommorow." He smiled again before he fixed the blanket around your body.

You were too tired and too weak to protest so you just nodded. The man watched you until you fell asleep before he walked out of the bedroom.

***

Ayyye. I've been through such a hectic week and I managed to update today *yaaaas good* lol. Anyways, as usual dun forget to comment and vote.
i really really 'preaciate it ❤❤❤

and stay tuned peeps .

*sorryfortheshortupdate* 👣