Chapter 47- All Star Team Up

MacKenzie's POV

We're in a lab in STAR labs and Ray is explaining stuff. Cisco and I are standing next to each other, but I'm only listening cause I don't know what is going on with all this science stuff.

"So you put solid oxide fuel cells into the belt?" Cisco asks.

"Yeah." Ray says. "It's the only place to hide the hardware."

"Hmm." Cisco says, looking at the screen. "Well, they should be generating enough energy to power the suit. It couple be the operating temperature. I mean, you're essentially—"

"Overheating the system." Ray finishes. "Yeah. I figured."

"But, if we insulate them with a ceramic compound..." Cisco says.

"We may improve the operating efficiency." Ray finishes. "You really are quite clever, Cisco."

Cisco stiffens up next to me and I look over at him. He looks like he's staring into space and I frown, waving my hand in front of his face, which didn't knock him out of whatever weird day dream he was in.

"Cisco?" Ray asks, noticing the silence. "You okay?"

"Yeah." Cisco quickly says. "I haven't been getting enough sleep, so...." He trails off.

And alarm starts going off.

"Cisco, Mack. We need you up here." Caitlin's voice comes over the loudspeaker.

"Let's go." I say quickly and we run out of the lab.

"Killer bees are at it again." Caitlin says when we enter.

"Get a hold of Barry." Dr. Wells tells her.

We watch the tracker in Barry's suit zoom around to the building where the bees are attacking. Cisco accidentally leads Barry the wrong way and Barry gets stung.

His vitals drop.

"Barry?" I ask through the coms.

"He's going into cardiac arrest." Dr. Wells says.

The computer beeps loudly.

Cisco gets a call from Mr. west and he answers it immediately.

"Cisco! Barry doesn't have a pulse." Mr. West says frantically through the phone.

"Step away from him." Cisco quickly instructs, running over to the computer.

"What? Why?" Mr. West asks.

"We need to jumpstart his heart." Cisco says, typing on the computer. "There's a defibrillator in the suit."

"Charge it to 360 joules." Caitlin instructs.

"Charging in 3, 2, 1...." Dr. Wells says.

Electricity zaps Barry.

"Hit him again. 400 joules." Caitlin says once the first try didn't work. I start to get a little nervous, but everyone in the room is nervous for Barry. When I hear him gasp for air, my barely started quakes stop.

Barry breathes heavily.

***

Cisco was putting Barry's suit back on the body holder thing.

"That is it for the defibrillator." Cisco says. "It's completely fried."

"You're lucky to be alive, Mr. Allen." Dr. Wells tells him.

"I was very specific that you not die." Felicity tells him.

"Yea, that's a pretty big thing for her." Ray says.

"Cisco, What happened out there?" Barry asks. "I followed your directions exactly."

"I'm sorry. I led you the wrong way." Cisco says. "The schematics That's we had, they...they weren't up to date."

"What, they weren't up to date?" Barry asks. "What do you mean? That's never happened before."

"What, you think Cisco was trying to get you killed?" Felicity jokes.

"No. Why would he do that?" Barry asks. "That doesn't make any sense."

"I know. That's why I was joking." Felicity tells him.

"Barry, it's our job to protect you, and today, we failed, but that'll just serve as a warning for all of us to be more vigilant in the future." Dr. Wells says.

"Good news— the apitoxin is out of your body." Caitlin says, walking over. "Your levels are back to normal."

"Terrific." Barry says and then he speeds out.

He comes back in in a suit.

"Ray, Felicity, we're gonna be late for dinner." Barry says.

"Are you sure that's wise, Barry?" Dr. Wells asks.

"You just died." Caitlin points out.

"Maybe you should order in tonight." Cisco suggests.

"Yeah. We could totally cancel." Ray says.

"I'm fine," Barry says. "Alive. Hungry. All right? Let's go."

Barry, Felicity and ray leave the cortex.

"That was weird." Cisco says.

"Yeah." Caitlin and I say.

"Why didn't we get invited to dinner?" Caitlin asks.

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hope you guys liked that chapter. Sorry it wasn't very long. Vote and commment. Next chapter up SUNDAY.

-MC