chapter nine ; going home

Author's Note!

I highly recommend you guys to listen to the song that's linked while reading this. It really gave me a feeling of how Yuzuru and Misaki are. Love, Lily x.

-

Misaki woke up the next day with a throbbing headache, feeling like she could tumble any second and throw up with each movement she made. She didn't even know she could drink that much in one night. Surprisingly, she could, and she did.

Hearing a knock on her door, she was worried, knowing she lives alone and not knowing how she got home or who was at the other side of that door. Once it opened, she was surprised and calm at the same time with the sight of Yuzuru smiling at her.

"Good morning." He said, "Here." He handed her some headache pills and a glass of water.

"Thank you." She said as she took the medication, "Did you help me get home last night?"

"Yeah, your friends were all drunk and so were you," he said, "I stayed downstairs to make sure you were alright."

"I can't remember a single thing that happened at the club, dear God." She massaged her temples and looked at him.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Are we alright?" She asked back, and he smiled at her, "We're alright."

"Good." She responded.

"I have to take the next flight home. I've got to get back to training."

"I haven't been back to Sendai in years." She said, "I'm going with you."

"Are you sure that's possible?" He asked.

She made a call, and made the preparation in less than two minutes. She looked at Yuzuru and smirked, "Yeah, it is. I'll pack and you should head back to your hotel."

"Alright."

-

Yuzuru waited in front of the celebrity's home, casually in his hoodie, not wanting to be recognised by the passerby. He checked his phone a few times before the front gate of the house opened, revealing a smiling face in a little blue dress.

For the first time in a long time, he could recognise her, as the girl he fell in love with all those years ago.

"Let's go."

-

The airport was filled with people, and there were several photographers already. Thankfully, there were many athletes headed back from yesterday's gallery to go back to their training and other worldly activities.

Yuzuru and Misaki got through the group of photographers along with several others as they were waiting for their departure.

"Akiyama-san, where are you headed?" Shoma asked.

"I'm going to head back to my grandmother's house in Sendai. It's been a while since somebody's taken care of it."

"Oh, so you're going with Yuzuru then?"

"We're on the same flight I suppose." She tried to sound as unsure and unsure can be, and once they were all on their seperate flights, Misaki found herself sitting quietly in first class by the window, while Yuzuru was a seat away from her, as an old lady was in between them.

All of a sudden, the old lady stood up, and as Misaki was staring out with her earphones plugged in, she felt the weight of someone sitting beside her once more. But when she turned her head, she saw that is was Yuzuru, smiling at her with his charming prince-like smile. She looked over his shoulder, seeing the old lady smiling at the both of them and giving her a thumbs up.

"Hey," She said to him with a smile.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" He asked, and they both picked out a short movie called Only You, and watched it throughout their one hour flight.

She didn't even realise it, but Yuzuru and her had become surprisingly close, as if they actually had gone back to the time when they were in high school, and he was leaning his head on her shoulder like he did before when they were on the bus on their school trip, where they share a pair of earphones and enjoyed their time watching movies.

Her cheeks turned warm at the familiarity of such a memory, and she wished that the flight took a longer time for her to enjoy this moment with him.

-

As the flight landed, they walked out in hoodies and sunglasses, and Misaki stopped once she realised who was waiting for them at the arrivals.

Tears began developing in her eyes, invisible behind the pair of shades, as the sight of Umi, Kiyoko, Shoya, and Tadashi smiling at them. She looked at Yuzuru and took off her glasses, and he did as well, smiling at her.

She ran towards her friends and they gave her a big hug, as Yuzuru recalled him calling them to come to the airport prior to their flight.

He recognised this Misaki. The Misaki who loves being with her friends, and the Misaki he wants to treasure more every day.

-