thirty-two ; seeing spring

The world had a funny way of putting two people together; they could have been normal, everyday people, but this time, they were a famous celebrity and a national figure skating champion.

Misaki and Yuzuru were the talk of the town for months. They both confirmed that they were indeed seeing each other, and each time they were asked about one another the answer would always be honest - not the kind of sugarcoated answers they would usually give back then.

Things were different now, things were better now.

As they walked the streets of Sendai in the early morning, shopping for fruits together, they were greeted kindly by the middle-aged women who owned the small stores.

"Good morning, ma'am!" Misaki greeted. Yuzuru began picking the fruits and as they paid, the lady said, "You two make such a good couple! It's been a year now! Hurry up and get married!"

The suggestion of marriage always seemed to fluster Misaki, but Yuzuru held the topic better than she did.

"Thank you, ma'am! Have a good day!" Yuzuru said.

"It really has been a year, huh." She said with a sigh, "We really have gotten older."

"Well, we're still young, aren't we?"

"I'd say being twenty-five is a bit old." Misaki said, "It's the age of figuring life out and that's a mess, and seeing your friends get married, and all those other things."

They walked on that same place where they first met, and as they saw the teenagers walking to school, they passed a boy who was rushing towards a girl, and he was somehow nervous to meet her.

"Shizuko! Good morning!" The boy greeted, "We better hurry, we're going to be late!"

"Good morning Takumi!" The girl greeted, and they both walked to school together, the young romance filled the air as they smiled at one another.

"We were once like that." Misaki stated.

"Once?" Yuzuru questioned.

"Well, yeah. We're not in high school anymore, and we always used this alleyway to get to school and we were always together." She pointed out the facts, "We were like that."

"What are we now?"

"Older, matured, been through a lot, much stronger than how we were back then. It's romantic, but much better than that." She said to him.

"You know I used to think this place was somehow magical." Yuzuru mentioned.

"How come?"

"It brought me to you, and it was the place where you answered my question, and it's also the place where I always seem to find you whenever I'm lost." He answered, and he took out a small box from his pocket and got down on one knee.

Inside, a ring stood quietly, a diamond sparkling in the middle.

"Why all of a sudden?" She asked.

"Today's date was actually the first time I saw you, and I wanted to bring you back here, eight years later, so that you can know, that my feelings for you, have not changed, only grown." He said, "I know it's not going to be easy, especially for us, but with you, I can see a happy life, from here  and decades from now. So, Akiyama Misaki, will you do me the honour, of marrying me?"

Misaki was speechless and in that spring, she had everything she could ever ask for.

"Yes. Yes, I will."

Yuzuru got up, and placed the ring on her fourth finger, before pulling her off her feet, spinning her around. It was there, in that moment, that place was their corner of the world once more.

THE END

So that marks the end of this book!!! Thank you so much for following the journey of Misaki and Yuzuru this far and for being so so supportive of my writing! I hope to be able to do better in the future! I'm sorry it took so long to finish and I thank you all so much for being patient for this book and  I have one more question to ask.

Would you like another Yuzuru fic? As in, this time, I'll make it like an AU of some sort? I look forward to your answers!

Till then, thank you,Lily