chapter sixteen ; safe with me

Yuzuru spent his few days practising and being in the ice rink most of the time. He will return back to his life in Toronto sooner than he thought, since there was nothing more for him to do here.

He hadn't spoken to Misaki in over a week, and he hadn't seen her throughout those days either. His main focus was for his passion, but every time he attempted to overdo himself, her face appears in his mind, telling him to not get hurt like she used to.

All of a sudden, Kiyoko came bursting through the doors of the local ice rink, as she headed to Yuzuru with full fury.

"Kiyoko! You're back from your honeymoon!" He greeted.

"You. Complete. Moron!" She said to him, making him taken aback at her sudden outburst.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

Kiyoko showed him the tabloid and gossip sites that were all on the case of the MisaKen break-up. Reading all the hate comments and opinions these people gave her, he felt a sudden anger that he didn't find out sooner and just put himself first in the situation.

"Where is she?" He asked Kiyoko.

"I've tried calling her and I went to her house. She didn't pick up or even open the door." She explained, "Yuzuru, I'm so scared. What if something happened to her? What if she did something she can't reverse?"

Countless thoughts came flooding into his mind. Thoughts he wish he didn't conjure up because they were beginning to scare him.

"I've got to go find her." He took off his skates and left everything at the rink, simply running around the city looking for her. He went to her house, but after the first few hundred bell rings he made a conclusion that she was not at home. So he ran to other places, trying to pin down where she could be.

The day was getting a little too cloudy, and the rain was soon on the way. Not caring, he went around several neighbourhoods to see if she could possibly be somewhere around  there.

By the time the rain poured down heavily, he breathed a sigh of relief once he finally found her, sitting in a familiar alleyway, crouching and looking down at a puddle that was constantly rippled by the rainwater.

She was already soaked after being there for so long, and he went over to her and stood right in front of her, holding out his hand.

Misaki looked up to see the smiling face of Yuzuru, and for a moment this scene was all too familiar for her.

This resembled the last time she knew she was ever going to see him. And if time could be reversed, she knew she would have stayed with him.

"What are you doing out here in the rain, Misaki?" Yuzuru asked with a calm and caring tone that it seemed surreal for him to be here with her.

"Did you come looking for me?" She asked him, and he replied with a slight hm and a nod.

"Why?" She asked again.

"You said yes." He answered, and that was enough to make her heart flutter and feel safe with him. He pulled her into his arms and held her gently but closely, as the rain water poured onto the both of them.

She couldn't stop her tears from flowing and Yuzuru could only hold her and say it was going to be alright and that he was here. Repeatedly the words that came out of his mouth was, "It's okay. I'm here. I'm here."

"Come with me." He said, "Come with me and take a break from the world." 

"You're leaving?"

"I leave for Toronto tomorrow." He said, "I want you to come with me."

It was a do or die moment, and all Yuzuru had to do was wait for her answer.

-

Morning came, and Yuzuru packed up his things and said goodbye to his family before the sun even came up. Outside, a car was waiting for him to take him to the airport, and once he was there, there was hardly anyone at the airport, which made it perfect for him to get through without any press or media.

As he was guided by security, they brought him to the private hangars where a private jet was waiting for him, along with a girl with her suitcase dressed in black with a coat to match.

As their things were being placed, Misaki and Yuzuru faced each other before they got onto the jet.

"I'm scared, Yuzuru."

Yuzuru placed a hand on her cheek, and he gave her a soft smile.

"You're safe with me." He told her, and they got onto the plane and headed for Canada.

-