14. Bad Dreams

You're around 5 to 7 years old.

Jeff The Killer

It had been a while since your father had woken up to your screaming. In fact, it had been four years since then and it alarmed him, was someone hurting you?!

He busts through your closed door and saw you tossing and turning in your bed. Your eyes were closed but your mouth was shouting things, "Go away... leave... no!"

Your father was quick to run over and shake you awake. "Hey, (Y/N). Wake up, kiddo."

You stopped screaming and drowsily started to wake. "Wha... Daddy?" You rose a hand to your tear-streaked face, "What happened?"

He made room and sat on the bed, rubbing your back, "It seemed like you were having a nightmare."

"Oh..." You sleepily said. Rubbing your raw red eyes.

He took your hands away from your face, "Don't do that. You'll make your eyes worse."

He then noticed the tears that continued to spill despite you being awake. "Is there something you aren't telling me? Do you remember your dream? Come here." He brought you over and on his lap.

"I-I don't know... I just feel really scared right now." You cuddled into his chest as he rocked the both of you back and forth.

"Do you still want to try and sleep? It's only five thirty in the morning."

You quickly shook your head.

"Well... You know we can just have a nap if we are tired, let's go make breakfast." He got up, carrying you in his arms, you both left the room to start the day.

Eyeless Jack (E.J)

You couldn't move, something was holding you down but you saw nothing. Pressure squeezed around your throat as you gave a cry, but nothing could be heard. You were losing oxygen fast as your eyes become dotted with what you were afraid of. You didn't want to die!

You woke up with a scream, wildly searching the room for monsters. You didn't find any, though not taking any chances you ran into your father's room and jumped in his bed.

He woke up with a start, "(Y/N)? What's the matter?"

You tried to answer but you couldn't manage to form a sentence and continued to wail. He assumed you had a nightmare.

Instead of making you relive your bad dream, he asked you this question instead, "What do you think would be fun to do tomorrow?"

"Huh? Uh... I don't know." You murmured, your cries abruptly halting.

"Think of something, anything." Your father said, "We could go out for breakfast, or go to the zoo. That sounds like fun right?"

You nodded, "It does. Can we get ice cream too?"

He chuckled, "Of course. Wanna sleep in my bed with me for the rest of the night?"

"No... that's okay. I want my nightlight on though." You hadn't completely forgotten the nightmare but your father distracted you well.

He nodded, scooping you in his arms. "Not a problem. Let's get you to bed." With that, he put you back to bed and turned the nightlight on before leaving.

Ben Drowned

You bolted up, a yelp had escaped you as your eyes flew open.

You had a nightmare, it was obvious, by the cold sweat and rapidly beating heart. You couldn't remember what the dream was about so not wanting to make a big deal of it, you quietly got up to get a glass of water.