13. Wanting A Pet

(C/N) - Creature name. Age stretch, 6-14

Jeff The Killer

"Can I have a pet?"

"No."

"Please! Just like a kitten maybe... or a fish!" You consulted for the fifth time that day. You were really bored and the thought of a pet was great to keep you company.

"It's a lot of work to have a pet... and I'm gonna end up being the one to clean up after it. So my final answer is no." He sternly said, ending the conversation by getting up and starting dinner. With you whining behind him.
...
You were hiding something. Your father could tell, you were distant and always cooped up in your room. He debated whether to confront you, but it seemed he didn't have to.

A ball of fur ran across your father's shoe covered feet and raced away. He could hear it's distinct meowing as you ran after it, calling, "(C/N)!"

You ran by him, though he easily stopped you with an arm.

He amusedly watched you gulp, "Oh... hey, dad... I thought you went to work?"

He smirked, "Forgot my keys. Now tell me, who's your friend?" He patted your back as he waited for your answer.

You were in for it. "She was freezing and starving out there! I couldn't just leave her outside..." You pleaded your case.

"So you decided on keeping it a secret from me?"

"Well, you told me I couldn't have a pet! But I've been taking good care of her without you so that should mean something!" You whined again, tugging on your father's sleeve, "Please, please let me keep her!"

Your father thought for a moment before shrugging, "Ok."

You froze, "That's it?"

He chuckled, "Yeah. You proved me wrong. You can keep her, but just because I know now doesn't mean she isn't still your own responsibility. I'll pick up some stuff for her after work. Until then. Don't make a huge mess."

"THANK YOU, DAD!" You squealed and bounded away, in the direction your kitten had run off to.

Eyeless Jack (E.J)

"Daddy! Come look!"

Your father set his book down and stood up from the steps of the porch and jogged towards you.

You were crouching down, hugging something big in your small arms. It was certainly alive and currently licking your face off. You looked up to your father, an excited look on your face, "Can we keep the doggy?"

Your father's eyes widened when he looked closer at the rather abnormally large dog.

That wasn't just a dog, but a wolf.

"(Y/N), Get away from it!" He quickly captured you in his arms and away from the creature. Who growled at him but kept at a safe tame distance.

"But...but the doggy!" You whined, wiggling out of your father's arms. He let you down but didn't let you run off to the animal.

"Hold still," He ordered, "That's not a dog, it's a wolf."

A blank look slapped your face, but you shrugged, "It's still some form of a doggy. He's cute too!" You concluded, gushing at the end of your words.

The tone of voice you used made the wolf wag it's tail and tilted it's head to the side. A playful look shown in the creature's eyes. You giggled while your father stood there with a wildly confused look.

It didn't look menacing, it actually looked playful. It seemed tamed, sitting there waiting for an order. He also took into consideration that when you were hugging it, it made no move to hurt you.