30. Lazy Day

Jeff The Killer

You were getting ready for school when your father stumbled out of his room, pajamas and plaid slippers on. He tiredly rubbed under his eyes, "I don't feel like adulting today. You're staying with me, come on."

He grabbed your hand and dragged you back into his room, him flopping on it first as you hesitated. "I have to change out of my school clothes first."

He waved a hand, letting go of yours to do so. "Go ahead, call in sick at your school today too."

"But I can't do that. You have to." You stated, a little worried about your once perfect record.

"Fake my voice then."

You relented. "But dad--"

"Shhh..." He waved a hand again. "...Let me sleep..."

You closed your mouth in defeat and walked to your room, changing into comfy pajamas and came back to see your father dead asleep. Shaking a hand in front of his glazed over eyes just to make sure.

Deciding on brushing off the topic of school you just crawled into his bed like you used to do when you were little.

He subconsciously threw an arm over you and the both of you slept for the next few hours.

It was a nice day.

Eyeless Jack (E.J)

"Can you stay home with me, dad? Just for today?" You tugged at his shirt so he'll look down at your pleading face.

"Why do you want me to stay here? This old man will just weigh you down." He joked, patting your head as he put on his coat.

"I want to bake cookies but I can't reach the cupboards and you get angry when I climb up to get them."

"I can always just buy some cookies for you."

You frowned, looking down. "I wanted to make them with you though."

That was when your father understood, you just wanted to spend the day with him. I guess he can work with that.

"Go wash your hands, I'll get the ingredients. You sure you want cookies? We can do muffins instead."

Your sad eyes turned happy in a flash. You giddily jump. "Muffins please!" Then bounced away to wash up.

You ended up baking more than just muffins, but also different kinds of cookies and fluffy cupcakes, even a cake. To be honest, your father wouldn't have done any more than the muffins unless you asked, and you did, and he couldn't say no.

(Apologies to any celiacs out there. I feel your pain.)

So you had fallen asleep, your head resting on the flour covered table and your father had picked you up and took you to bed. Disregarding the messy kitchen for the both of you were too tired to do much more.

You secretly smiled, pretending to be asleep so your father would carry you, even more, delighted when he carried you to his bed, which was always the comfiest place to sleep.

"Night (Y/N)--Oh! The cookies!" Your father quickly kissed the top of your head before running out of the room to save the burnt pastries, leaving you to giggle yourself to sleep.

Ben Drowned

Every day was a lazy day for your father, often you joined too when you didn't have your responsibilities weighing down on you.

But what really felt like a lazy day for you was when you had a crapload of homework to do and not enough energy to do it.

So first thing in the morning you stumbled out of your room to see your father sitting on the couch watching TV.