Chapter 1- in the forest

Amalthea's POV

   I grazed on some grass till I heard a sound. Guns were shooting. Not on my forest. I ran up to where I heard the sound. My hooves clopped against the ground. "In all the forests it's always spring. we need to shoot an animal from this forest or we'll become poor. ", I heard one of the men say. all the unicorns that I saved make it spring all the time so their animals have no trouble surviving. duh. I hid in the bushes. All the animals had worried expressions on their faces.

   I used my magic to bend their guns. "What the?!" , the man ran his fingers along the gun. " We better leave this forest alone . The last two men that came here said the unicorn was guarding it. the last. but not the last anymore.",the other man said. " you seriously believe that?", said the first man. the other man pointed to his gun. "the first man rolled his eyes and turned around.

   All the animals cheered once again after the men left. choppy the chipmunk came up to me," u showed them again who's boss." "Oh....."I backed a step. " I was doing my job." choppy walked closer, " what would we do without you?" "It was really nothing.", I backed away a couple steps. choppy was a strange animal. all the animals just left me alone to do my job but he kept me company. I just that it was weird that he didn't have a mate. plus he'd always get a little too close to me. I like his company though." I was wondering......", choppy continued. I heard human footsteps. "choppy, nice chat. I really outta get going though." I ran into the forest. I was surprised to see who it was.

Choppy's POV

Amalthea didn't notice me ever. she didn't even know that I had feelings for her. but I could never be with her. she was far more beautiful . Her elegant, graceful, and majestic beauty. I could never be with her. I was about to ask her  to a picnic near the river but....she just ran away. she probably still has feelings for Prince Lir