Chapter XXV: Caged

《A/n: [EDIT: NO LONGER NEED NAMES] (This will be removed when the next chapter is out!) 》

You knew something wasn't right.

You knew the moment you sat up that something was off. A shiver ran down your spine, goosebumps arose on your skin, and you were immediately put off.

"Welcome to the game, officially."

You swore your heart stopped, the whispers teased and mocked but you ignored it. You understood those words.

You jumped - a hand - Claudette's hand rested on your shoulder. Her face surprised yet concerned. "(Y/n)? Are you okay?"

You didn't hear her, not for a split second when realization soaked in.

"(Y/n)?"

Your breathing was shallow, uneven, and you looked up and met her eye.

"I'm trapped."

•▪°○°▪•

Keith woke up to an empty house.

His morning was normal, thinking she were just asleep as he made breakfast. He had woken early, sat down in the couch and watched t.v until it came around to making food.

A glance at the time; 9:37 AM.

That was normal, she'd usually get up around 10.

He ate to the sound of the old radio they barely used now. Eyes glancing to the clock every now and then as he waited for his older sister to walk down the stairs and into the kitchen.

But she never showed. 10:31, he finished with the dishes. Turning down the volume of the radio and walked out of the room, making his way upstairs with a nervous look.

He was going to barge into the room, singing loud and obnoxiously until her woke up.

That was his plan anyway.

Instead, he swung opened the door to find an absolutely empty room. Not in bed, not anywhere.

The only evidence that she was there was the creases and human dent in the bed sheets. The light (f/c) sheets were dyed pitch black where she would have laid.

She was gone. The pitch black shadow was all that were left behind.

Keith fell to his knees infront of the bed, hands clutching the sheets with clenched teeth. Dread filled him to the core.

She was gone.

His sister was gone, and he knew it had to be because of that realm she went to in her dreams.

His head fell to rest on the edge of the bed, "please, I believe you can break out of there." He whispered so quiet he barely heard himself. He hoped for her, because knowing her, she'll might have lost some.

He also tried to accept that maybe he couldn't see her again, that she'd be stuck forever in that realm. Stolen from her own home in the middle of the night.

Keith cursed out at the "Entity", and genuinely hoped that Michael Myers would help her.

Cause all he can really do is hope.

Even if he doesn't have much.

•▪°○°▪•

You latched onto Claudette's hand, eyes wide with fear and dread. Her deep brown eyes reflected your own, slowly but surely.

"W-wait are you sure?" Her voice broke your trance. And no, you weren't completely sure, but a large part of you believed it. With no response, Claudette helps you up on your feet. "Come on, sit down. You need to breath in and out, okay?" You're guided to a log as the others look on with worry. "In and out, okay? Focus on me."