Chapter XXXIV: [ENDING 2]

《A/n: The better Ending

Be sure to read the author's note before this.

"Almost Halloween already?" You said, your lips pressed in a line. Eating at your breakfast.

Elena and Elier sat next to each other on your left of the table, Michael was to your right. Next to Michael was Keith.

The killer had his mask off, blonde hair trimmed as you knew he liked it (at least) to his shoulders. Michael Myers, Halloween's infamous killer had nodded slowly.

You had a visitor not so long ago, still, you were aware Michael was inventive on continuing his hunt for Laurie Strode.

You commended his sister, however, she was good at avoiding him.

Still, with the six years that passed, and the sudden murders, it was no wonder when the very old Doctor Loomis appeared at the doorstep.

•▪°○°▪•

"(Y/n)!" Keith calls you over and you manoeuvre past the couch to his side. You let out a short hum of questioning, feeling Elier run behind to your leg.

"Mommy who's this?" Elier asked in a quiet voice.

You were taken aback by his voice, "I see much has happened after you came back. Do you have any idea of Michael Myers? Of the Shape?" He hissed, making your eyes widen. You stood your ground.

"No, what makes you think that?"

Keith's eyes flickered between you and the old doctor. Seeing his expression of confusion.

"You cannot simply skim over the murders on that blasted day!" You gritted your teeth in irritation, as always, he was a stubborn man.

"Yeah, could also be a copycat." You hiss, putting on your defensive facade against the idea. "Michael Myers is missing, no matter how hard you look for him."

Because he's right under your nose, you thought.

He lets out what you can describe being a huff, "why do you not cooperate? That man is dangerous."

"Oh, how can I cooperate when I have nothing to add?" You send a glare, "leave, you're no longer welcome here. If you decide to come back I may just call the police. Good day."

And just like that, you slammed the door in his face.

"Mom...?"

You kneel down to hug him, "sorry, Eli." He blinked, unsure of what you meant but returned the embrace.

•▪°○°▪•

"Will you be off to work again?" You ask Michael as discreetly as you could. You already felt how tense they were. Even Keith was silent.

He hums, affirming your question.

"Again?" Elier says quietly, disappointment hid in his voice. Though Michael detected it immediately.

"Yes, sorry." He apologized when Elier hung his head.

"Can't you stay?" Elena puffed out her cheeks, wanting to protest. "Why always on Halloween? It's one of the best days!"

"I wish he could stay too Elena." You say, "but he has work to do, muffin."

"You always say that," Elier mumbles, picking at his food. There was something in his tone that made you wonder what was going through his head at the second. "You two barely leave the house. Dad always leaves today."