Chapter XXXI: The Father's Return

《A/n: Sorry if you find that I write Meg's 3rd person POV a lot. Simply because she's the only other person in these scenes who knows almost everything that has happened (excluding moments between (Y/n) and Michael of course). 》

Michael sat silently in the backseat of the car, mask back on his head as he observed the two in the front seats. Keith, the baby he remembered, now grown to a young man. Accompanied by a female around his age, that was obviously tense in his presence.

It's not like he cared all that much, as long as he can see her again.

It had processed immediately, the children she had been carrying had been born right after being brought to this world. Michael wondered if that was a breaking point in the Entity's realm.

A conversation (rather- one sided) had gone between him and the Trapper one day, a killer he respected after acquainting himself to the new surroundings when he was first taken into the realm. The Trapper said something that stuck to him, swirling in the back of his mind without much attention until recently;

"The Entity cannot bring life within itself, merely steal preexisting, or imitate what is. Unless it is that of our unknown idea." The other killer had told him, seeing as Michael had been curious of the works the creature had.

Whether his theory was true or not can no longer be proven or confirmed, but it was there. He was here, back in the world where death was permanent. Meaning he'd truly need to protect what is his now.

The passing thought of Cynthia Myers crossed his mind, a conflict he could resolve, if it weren't for the birth of the two babies. His two children.

He could choose to go after Cynthia once and for all, to hopefully end the bubbling "evil" within. But he has something he knows is more important right now. So he'll let a feeling of safety wash over "Laurie Strode", because sooner or later, he'll get to kill her once and for all.

"Everything okay, Michael?" (Y/n)'s younger brother looked back to him, and he simply nodded, enough for Keith to turn around to face the road ahead. "I said I had to tell you what happened to her. I'll tell you to brace yourself now, what happened to her is pretty life-changing."

Michael's fingers intertwined, already mentally prepared to hear of the repercussions with her being brought back later into this realm. With no sign of him wanting Keith to stop, the younger man continued.

"Something must've happened, when she was on her way to the hospital, her eyes started bleeding. Like- like tears running down her cheeks. When we were in the hospital - after the birth - I asked her to focus on her sight, to open them and ask her if she could... see." Keith glanced back to Michael, (e/c) eyes were sympathetic. "She can't see. It must've been an exchange or something because she can speak again."

It was hard to know whether he felt angered, or infuriated by that. No doubt, he would harm the Entity with his knife if he could. He steadied himself, weighing the pros and cons, yet it seemed unnecessary. He'd rather that she had been given her sight and ability to speak if it were up to him. As always though, it can't be so easy.

The girl in the drivers seat asked quietly, "mind if I put the radio on low?" Keith nods then glances to Michael, with no care whether she did or now, he turned his head to look out the window with the wave of his hand. She leans to the side and reaches to the knob to turn the volume up from it's previous silence.

Quiet music filled the car, Michael ignored whatever song played, solely focused on seeing her again. It felt like too long, even if it was only a few days.

•▪°○°▪•

Meg sat with her foot tapping against the ground, not impatient, rather wishing for the room to be filled with something other than the sounds of medical machinery and conversations from outside the room.