6. Paint Me Wet

Chapter 6

Paint Me Wet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I scrutinized at the unfamiliar canvas in the art room, it was odd but captured my eye quite well. I was walking past to get more paint, and Bam, it trapped my eye like a cute baby sticking a lollipop to its forehead. I gently stroked the painting; it came with an edge of 3D which matches its whole dark aura and impression. It was an entangled rose garden within vines and thorns, curling into one and many other very red roses. It was mysterious, luminous, and gloomy... yet it had the beautiful aspect with it. It was shadowed in the background with darkness within the vines, yet the roses bloomed in complete and utter redness. I leaned my head to the side admiring the artwork; I smiled leaning my face against my paintbrush. Shit.

I quickly look up and touch my chin, revealing musky blue paint, grr that was a big paintbrush too. I frowned and went to turn. "Why hello there Ms. Amazeberries, enjoying my piece?" I turned to find a smirking Dustin, did he do this?

"This is yours?" I asked, jaw dropping to my paintbrush again. He chuckled nodding, he leant over wiping my chin and smiled.

"You have a little paint there" I looked down trying not to blush.

"Mm, thankyou...so you really did this?" I looked up in a questioning look as I changed my glance back to the art. "It's magnificent... absolutely beautiful, and the way you used your texture..." Call me gobsmacked.

He walked closer to the art and leaned over analysing its features, "Hm, not that beautiful yet, it's far from done." I looked up at him shocked, how in the hell?

"Dude, it's friggen amazing already! I'd be lucky to even get a single vine or rose like that" He laughed rubbing the back of his neck looking down at me.

"You have a pure god talent Mr. Goddess, I wish I could do something like this... But I'm kind of hopeless" I shook my head still surprised by the work.

He wiggled his nose in an adorable way as he led me to the table with brushes. "I'll teach you a little something okay?" I nodded.

He pointed at a black medium side paintbrush with straight and light brush. "These kind of paintbrushes are Flats, they are the type of brushes you'll use the most often in your painting projects. You'll use them for base coating, floating, stroke work, blending, washes and varnishing." He looked down at me smirking like he knew he was the king of this shit. Okay, I'll give it to him, he was. I mean I just called these things, paintbrushes. Didn't know there were specific types.

He moved to another with curved hairs on top and held it, "This is a Filbert, a tool for basecoating, these types of paint brushes can't beat, personally my favourite. The shape of the hairs eliminates ridges. It can be used for side-loading similarly to a flat brush to create shades and highlights. It's also used for blending. And because it can hold a fair amount of water, it's also great for applying washes of colour. Due to its shape it's perfectly suited for doing leaves, flower petals and bird feathers."

Okay is he just proving he knows his brushes? Because if so *clap clap* A+ for knowing them paintbrushes. I shook my head not wanting to be rude, but didn't really didn't get the point of this paint brush speech.

He looked down at me and gave a sly sneer. "I know you're not into this" I sighed in relief, "oh really? Thank god! Because I didn't want to be rude or anything but heck, that was boring as hell." His eyes wondered off for a bit then landed back on me with a nod.

I was a little too straight forward, wasn't I? Fork, well done Skye. "I respect your honesty" he pursed his lips putting the paintbrushes back in its basket.