Christmas Special: Her Gift

The first semester exams in Wings Senior High is over. I don't mean to boast but, I think I pretty much nailed it.

All thanks to my endless hard work of studying. Now, I have two whole weeks of absolute relaxing.

I sighed, slumping deeper into my bed. Paradis was weird. It's the middle of the year, but it's snowing. Back in (hometown), I would've gone to the beach with all the kids. Guess that isn't happening this year.

Oh well, might as well enjoy life as it is. No harm in binge watching anime all throughout the week.

I mean, I do have my stash of junk food fully refilled. So why not enjoy myself?

I quickly whipped out my laptop and prepared it's charger, got my headphones and all of my food at the ready.

Time to do this.

I scrolled through many animes, trying to find one that looked appealing to my eyes.

"Oh hey, I think I've seen a piece of this one before! Hehe, get ready Boku no Hero Aca--"

"(Y/N)!!" Petra screeched, slamming the door open and making me jump on my bed.

"PICO!!" I yelped in surprise, earning a questionable glance.

"What?"

I cleared my throat, cooling down the blush of embarrassment that popped up on my face. "Nothing... d-don't mind what I said."

"I swear you said Pico--"

"Ahahahahah," I chuckled loudly, cutting her off. "Oh Petra, you heard nothing. Now what did you want to tell me? You seemed to be in a rush."

The strawberry-blonde haired girl was quick to let go of the subject. "That's right! I want you to go shopping with me!"

"Woah there ginger, I don't exactly have money on me now."

"Doesn't matter! Just help me buy some stuff. I'll treat you some ice cream!"

I huffed, looking away. "I'm not some kid Petra. Plus, it's winter right now, duh."

"Okay then. How about.... a large cup of freshly made hot chocolate?"

I peeked back at her. "...with the marshmallows?"

"All six of them."

I hopped out of bed, quickly putting on my coat. "Alrighty, I'm in."

"Great!" Petra exclaimed, clapping her hands. "Let me go get my coat, and we'll head out!"

***

We stepped inside the doors of the mall, immediately basked in the warm air of the heater.

I let out a sigh, enjoying the warmth and coziness given. "So Petra, what did you even want to buy?"

A light blush appeared on Petra's cheeks. "U-um... I'm not sure..."

"Well that's definitely not like you," I commented, shoving my hands in my pocket. "Usually, you'd know exactly what you want."

"W-well," Petra stammered, "That is true... if I was buying something for myself."

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh?"

"You see... I'm buying something for... Levi."

"Ohh, I see. For the bitch, eh?"

Petra nodded. "Yeah..."

"I don't get it," I muttered, tilting my head. "Why are you confused about what to get? I mean, you've obviously known him for a while."

"I'm just nervous okay?" Petra said quickly, fidgeting her fingers. "You'd feel it too when you fall in love."