Mission Divorce:First attempt

On the day of her departure, she saw the emperor for the second time. Indeed, he was handsome as hell, more handsome than the General but they both are out of her league, huh!

However, this time she didn't make any mistake and bowed to the emperor, but he didn't even glance at her and strode forward to get on the carriage.

'So rude!' she thought.

Zu Zhen was ignorant of her presence. He knew that a concubine volunteered to serve him but he didn't care.

After discussing the itinerary with his prime minister, he was about to get on the carriage when suddenly a sweet voice called from behind,

"Your majesty"

Turning, he discovered that it was his little concubine with a robe in her spread hands.

Though he was surprised to find that it was that foolish concubine who volunteered, his expression didn't change.

"Your majesty, there would be heavy wind blowing on the way of the southern part. Please, allow jianqie (this worthless concubine) to drape this robe over your back" She said with her head low.

Hehehe, the first step to curry favor from the emperor. The more she serves well, the closer she gets to her destiny.

Not getting any response, after a few seconds she raised her head.

What the hell! Why that moron emperor was standing there showing his sexy back to him? Does that mean he rejected her courteous offer?

Zhu Zhen was waiting for her to drape the robe. After a while, he turned and there was a confused face looking at him that screamed foolishly.

Sighing, he spread his hands as a sign to drape the robe.

Gongsun Li was dumbstruck! His majesty wanted her to drape the robe. Hehehe, her first attempt was successful indeed.

Like a kid who was offered candy, she dangled her head and did as ordered.

Zhu Zhen was amused by her gleeful expression.

Sigh! She was so indulged in her duty that she was not even aware of the fleeting smile in the corner of his lips that went as soon as it appeared as if it was never there.
.............

Gongsun Li felt like crying but lacked tears. Indeed there was no mercy in this world. Whereas that moron emperor was enjoying the journey while riding in the carriage, she had to walk!!!!! Walk on her barefoot the whole way.

An imaginary fountain of tears started flowing out her eyes as she wiped them with her imaginary tissue.. sob sob'

There were also eunuchs, maids, and guards walking with her, but they didn't have a sign of discomfort on their faces...

Sigh, where was the inventor of vehicles? why aren't you born yet?

However, after walking like for her whole life which was 30 minutes the way, the carriage stopped.

"Have we reached the southern part?"
she asked full of hope.

All the eunuchs and maids looked at her with deadpanned faces.

"We haven't passed through the palace area yet", a eunuch replied.

WTF!!!!! With unbelief, she looked back and slight edges of the palace roof were still apparent there... tears'

They just passed through the palace area and she felt like her feet were numb.

How could she walk the whole way? sigh!

Wait for a second! Then why did the carriage stop?

Suddenly the curtains were rolled up as the emperor stuck his head out of the carriage. His gaze roamed among the people standing there and stopped at Gongsun Li's face.

Gongsun Li felt a cold shiver rolling down her spine.

Why was that big block of ice gazing at her so intently? She gulped.

Could it be that the rumors were true? Was he going to murder her on the way?

But that idea sounds so illogical and... scary. Shaking her head, she returned the gaze and waited patiently.

Zhu Zhen looked at the foolish face that was looking at him with a tilted head whereas all the other heads were bowed down.

Doesn't she have fear for her life? She even dares to stare at him right straight.

'Hmmm... It would not be a bad choice to have fun with this little concubine', he thought with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Gongsun Li was dumbstruck noticing the weird expression on the emperor's face.

Why does it seem like he was planning something..... evil?

Seeing the wide-eyed expression on his little concubine's face, Zhu Zhen turned his eyes to his closest guard and whispered something in his ears...

Gongsun Li was trying to figure out something when that guard came to her.

"Get on the carriage," he said.

Whaaat!

"Ca..carriage? That carriage?" she asked pointing at the emperor's one.

The guard nodded. Dumbfounded, she gazed at her surrounding. There was the same pity and sorrow in everyone's eyes for her.

Sigh! So the rumors were indeed true.

Now she had to lose her life.

Sob' she would rather walk a thousand miles on barefoot than die pitifully.

She again looked at the people with pleading eyes. Is there nobody who could help her? Her eyes flooded with tears. Everybody felt a twitch in their heart watching those puppy eyes, but they knew better than to disobey their emperor. So they returned her gaze with equal pitiful ones..tears'

Bye-bye, life...I will miss you.

Step by step, she walked to the carriage. In other words, she was walking on the path to her death.

Stopping in front of the carriage door, she turned her head to her sympathizers and gave them one last pitiful glance.

Taking a deep breath, Gongsun Li turned her body towards the guard standing in front of her.

before anybody could figure out anything, she mouthed 'I am sorry' to that guard, thrust him aside and ran!! She ran for her life!!!!!!!!

"Someone catch her" the guard shouted.

But a booming voice stopped them.

"There is no need," the emperor said with a fleeting smile, but if anybody would notice carefully, their back would be filled with cold sweats knowing what danger that smile means...

Wife, you better run as far as you can...