Mahajong (full Chapter)

Gong Li Cheng's courtyard was decorated with a festive look. At the main hall, two men sat facing each other, a mahajong table between them. One was the emperor Zhu Zhen and another one, of course, Li Cheng.
In the inner side of palace, there was another scenery. All the servants there were busy preparing dishes for the emperor and also some were occupied with making their madam Li Lian look presentable for the emperor.

"Gong Li Cheng surely knows why Zhen came to visit today", Zhu Zhen stated, his eyes stuck on the mahajong tiles as he drew one.

"*Chen can guess.", Li Cheng discarded his another tile.

*Chen- The officials refer themselves as Chen before the emperor)

Who couldn't anyway? Amongst all the officials, Li Cheng was one of the most powerful one with his connections spread beyond the country. There were strong rumors that he was planning to support the first prince to reclaim the throne in exchange of his promise of the phoenix* position for his daughter.

*\ refers to the empress.

"But everything depends on his highness. If his highness wants, Chen can discard all my tiles according to you.", Li Cheng added cunningly conveying his encoded message. What really he meant was, if the emperor agrees to marry his daughter and bestow her the phoenix position, he would support his present king wholeheartedly.

A humorless laugh escaped Zhu Zhen's lips as he stared at his official with a heart steering gaze.

"Seems like all of my officials are taking me lightly these days but what they forget, if Zhen wants anything, he doesn't need anyone's help."

Before Li Cheng could process all of the emperor's words in his tiny head, all of his tiles were already robbed by Zhu Zhen*

[The person who manges to rob all cards of his opponent team wins in mahajong]

Soon an imperial degree was announced on his majesty's kind(?) consideration of tying Li Lian's knots with the General Song Jian.

[Tying knots refers to get someone married]

That day two men burst into tears out of their immense grief.

One was Gong Li cheng, as his long cherished dream of seeing his daughter as an empress were nipped on buds.

And another men, was of course, our poor Song Jian. Sigh'

........

When Zhu Zhen returned the imperial palace, it was already late night. Planning to not disturb the sleeping beauty on his bed, he stealthily entered the chamber only to be welcomed by the most unwelcomed scene before him.

An empty bed without his wife on it!!!!

The emperor's hot glare shot on the shivering guards behind him,

"Where.is.she?"

After some time, the wide door of the empress dowager's chamber was slammed open by the emperor as he entered with long strides..

"Zhen'er, you are here-"

"Where is she?!", Zhu Zhen cut off his mother making her gasp in disbelief. His eyes were red expressing his immense rage and everybody knew it is not the right time to tick him off.

"Ajiye banished her from the royal chamber"

Empress dowager addresses herself as ajiye

"You did what?!"

And a loud shattering noise of the most expansive vase breaking down into pieces came out from the dowager's chamber. There were many rules that the emperor was bound to follow. One of those was, an emperor could never allow any women in his chamber except his noble consort. In any cases, he had to visit the concubine's courtyard himself. In that case, Gonsun Li being in royal chamber, even when the emperor was not with her was a major crime in itself. But it does not take rocket science to realize the value of a woman to the emperor whom he himself brought in his chamber. So, the empress dowager did not bestow any heavy punishments to G.Li other than having her moved into a distant courtyard which was preserved for concubines anyway.

But our punished(?) concubine Gongsun Li was having the best time of her life. A whole courtyard only for her!!!! She did not want anything more in her transmigrated life. After having her fill of scrumptious dinner, Gongsun Li was sleeping like a dead pig on her bed when her pouty lips were pulled in a passionate kiss by her husband, his tongue intertwined with hers. Zhu Zhen laid over her while pushing his weight on his elbows not to crush her and his mouth was deeply involved in devouring hers while G.Li's eyes were wide open in shock.

She moved her gaze to the closed eyes of his husband who was busy in moving his lips desperately, his tongue smoothly exploring every corner of her sweet mouth. After leaving a long smooch on her lips, Zhu Zhen slightly parted their lips before muttering hoarsely,

"Wife didn't faint this time."

Gonsun Li did not get to reply as he again ducked his face continuing to suck on her sweetness. She really wanted to burst into tears.

Trust me, your moron highness, I really want to faint this time.