Not Meant To Be His

G.Li absentmindedly stared at the ripples passing through the lake. Moonlit reflected on the water creating a sparkling view..

But she didn't seem to enjoy it. Her big doe like eyes were filled with tears that fell into the water getting lost into the thousand waves.

She was being sent back to the palace with An Ran accompanying her. The carriage stopped by the lake to feed the horses.

G.Li wiped her tears but it started to fall again as she remembered the conversation between her, Wiiliam and demi god.

"I won't do as you say. I refuse to be used as a pawn in your filthy game." she had yelled while her eyes filled with angry tears.

The next william had caught her chin in a tight grip before threatening in a low tone,
"Don't be so selfish. Think about the million of people whom your so called husband is going to kill mercilessly."

G.Li winced at the pain on her chin but still didn't budge.

"No matter what you say, I won't listen"

William would have really crushed her chin in anger but was deterred by Su Jia.

"Are you really sure you don't want to help?", Su Jia had asked, the mysterious smile still plastered on his lips.

"I won't", G.Li muttered stubbornly.

"What if I promise to send you back to the time your parents were still alive?What if I give you a chance to save your family from the fire tragedy that took their life?"

A gasp left G.Li's lips as she looked at the demi god with unbelief..

"You.. you are lying!"

"No. I am surely not. I am a god, I can do anything. Think about your 5 months old brother who was burnt to death in fire. You can give him a chance to live. You can have your family back. Think!"

"Lies!", G.Li shouted cutting him off.

"If you can do anything, you can stop the war also. Why do you need my help?" she asked watching them doubtfully.

A melodious laugh rang all around the area. Su Jia laughed as if it was a joke he heard after a long time.

"Oh my dear, you are not as fool as you seem to be. Sure I am god, but I cannot go against the creator of this world or the author whatever you call him. That's why we need your help."

Is there a 'Use Me' sign hanging on my chest?
Cause they are literally feeding me trash.

"I don't trust you. If a god like you can't change the plot, how could I?"

"Because the author himself created you, not technically of course." William replied calmly.

What the fudging hell?!

What Su Jia told her next made G.Li's breath knocked off her lungs. What really happened was that the author 'Long Li' forgot to shut his computer down after editing his novel one day. However, his teen aged sister somehow came across his novel and thought it was too boring without any romance. So, she decided to pick a cannon fodder character and make the emperor fall head over heels for her without bothering to tell her brother about her own edited version of his novel.

However, she didn't get to finish their love story either because Long Li returned midway, prompting her to save it in a computer file.

The little character she created was none other than the cannon fodder G.Li and unfortunately the real G.Li also transmigrated into the novel the same night. After that, the author got busy with another novel, so he never got to know the arrival of this new character in this novel and thus he never changed it.

Listening to everything, G. Li found herself at a loss, her heart clenching at the mere thought of having her family back. She could have her family, her little brother again!!!!! But could she really betray Zhu Zhen? She neither could pass up the chance of having her family back. G.Li looked at the expectant face of William and An Ran.

Maybe she wouldn't have to betray Zhu Zhen if she could convince him to stop the war or she could just warn him about the consequences!

Will he listen to her?? Will he leave his lifelong cherished dream only for her?

She didn't know but now she only knew one thing. She had to convince him and she would, she would definitely stop the war, for her family, for these millions.

So, with determination she stated,
"I will help!"

👘👘👘👘👘👘

G.Li was snapped out of her reverie by An Ran.

"I know it's hard for you", An Ran said sympathetically. His eyes flashing with pain.

"But trust me, it all would be worth when you get back to your family. I am also doing this to get my father back." he said with a sad smile.

She looked up to match her teary gaze with his one. Moonlit sparkled on their tear filled eyes. For the first time G.Li felt an undeniable connection with her kidnapper.

They both were helpless soul pained with the loss of their dear ones. Travellers of the same journey carrying the weight of their heavy heart. As G.Li looked at his eyes, she saw her own pain being reflected on his and she couldn't hold it anymore. Jumping in his arms, she held him tightly before letting it all out.

Both of them cried their heart out hugging each other. Under the moonlit their entangled silhouette eliminated a message about an innocent bond.

Not very far away, a carriage had stopped on the road. The golden embroidered curtain was slightly lifted enough for someone to get a clear view from inside.

From there, a certain individual was observing the sight beside the lake, his eyes stuck where G.Li and An Ran stood. The calloused hand that gripped the carriage handle fisted tightly till the point of twisting it.

Even Song Jian who sat beside him could feel the dark danger radiating from him.

Gulping, he decided to call the emperor but a pained whimper stopped him midway.

Song Jian's eyes widened as he couldn't believe what he was watching. His king, his friend for so many years was whimpering in pain! What shocked him that it was not an external wound that was making him pained. It was the pain of his bleeding heart.

Zhu Zhen felt like someone just stabbed his heart and twisted it thousand times. His sleep deprived blood stained eyes darkened as the sight unravelled before him.

His little wife, his love was stood there hugging another man like her life was depended on it. She never hugged him like that. Hell, she was even scared to come closer to him.

"Maybe she ran away", Minister Lu Shen's voice rang in his ears.

"Your highness, Please allow Zanxia (this subordinate) to behead that lowly subject who dared to come close to Miss Li" Song Jian revealed his sword in rage.

"No.", Zhu Zhen's voice was low as he stared at them.

Maybe it is for good. Maybe she will be happy with that scumbug, not him. What could he give to her? A conspiracy filled life? His messed up empire?

He should let her go. Maybe she was not meant to be his.

Finally he let go of the poor carriage knob before rubbing his face.

"Return to the palace." His order was stern not leaving any room to object.

All the guards including Song Jian and Xian Xu was surprised with the king's order.

"But-your highness!" Song Jian protested.

"I said Go!",Zhu Zhen's voice boomed authoritatively making all of them shut.

Finally, the curtain dropped down masking the emperor's pained expression and the carriage turned to go back.