Fateful Night

Shocked at her own feelings, G.Li's first reaction was to instantly retract her hands to herself but before she could, her  hands were grabbed by  larger ones of the emperor who was  still in daze of his sleep.

"Don't!", His voice sounded more like a helpless plea. His grasp on her hands were tight as if he couldn't afford to lose her touch right then..

Gongsun Li stood there dumbstruck not knowing what to do, she could feel her hands trembling inside the grasp of emperor's. Zhu Zhen slowly brought her now sweat filled hands back on his shoulders as if urging her to continue her massage but Gongsun Li was too lost in her reverie to do so...so she continued standing  there behind the emperor with her hands plant on his shoulders.

Not getting what he wanted, Zhu Zhen clicked his tongue in irritation. In drowsiness, he grabbed her hands from his shoulders and yanked her around making her fall in his lap. Soon after, G.Li found herself wrapped in his arms while she straddled him in an awkward position.

Zhu Zhen raised his half-closed eyes to look at the little foolish face before him, his eyes holding an accusing look like a child who was refused of chocolates.

"Why don't you listen to Zhen?"

G.Li almost thought she heard a whining tone in the emperor's whispers but the next second she shook her head believing it was another auditory hallucination.

I think it's high time to go see a doctor and check my ears.

But looking at the now groggy emperor's childlike sulking expression with slightly pouted lips and trembling long lashes, she felt a tender emotion caress her heart.

He looked so different from his usual cold and calm self, nothing like the strong, hard headed emperor she was used to. The man whom now she was straddling carelessly looked more like a lost child who was sulking to his mother.

Only the difference was that she was actually not his mother and he was actually not a child.

Wait a second! Then why is he behaving so unlikely?!

A sudden realization hit her like an atom bomb as she took in the helpless man before her. This was not the emperor, not of course the real version of emperor.

Aaaah!

G.Li could sense the hair behind her neck standing erect when she felt the emperor snuggling his face in her chest, his nose nuzzling here & there as if finding a comfortable place to rest his head while she wriggled in his arms to get away but in vain.

"Let me sleep."

Wriggle, wriggle..

Gongsun Li felt the arms tightening around her to the point of pain as she heard his muffled voice from her chest,

"Please"

He....whined!!! He actually whined!

It's decided!!! this is really not the real emperor.

He.has.split personality!
..............................

Fifteen minutes... Fifteen fudging minutes!

And G.Li was still now on the moron emperor's lap while that wanker was sleeping peacefully on her chest as if it was the most comfy pillow he ever laid on.

On top that, he was snoring!

Can you believe The Oh So Perfect emperor was snoring?!

Huffing, G.Li wriggled under his strong hold to get in a more comfortable position and that was enough to disturb the peacefully sleeping big baby on her chest.

Groaning in frustration, Zhu Zhen looked at his pillow with irritation.

Deciding to put some sense into the thick skull of the emperor she started,

"Your highne-"

"Zhen Zhen"

"What?"

"Call me Zhen Zhen."

G.Li's eyes widened in surprise as his words rang in her ears. Something was really wrong with this wanker.

"Your highne-"

"Call me Zhen Zhen" Zhu Zhen whined like a child who didn't get his way. G.Li eyed the grown up man who was now wearing a harmless expression with his lips jutted out to form a cute pout.

"Zhen Zhen", before she could stop herself the name rolled of her tongue as a whisper. Zhu Zhen's ears perked on its own as her voice rang in them. He never thought his name would sound so sweet in her voice.

"Say it again", he begged, his eyes holding an unfamiliar desperation.

G.Li didn't know how to handle this baby emperor but she read many books on split personality disorder and in all of them readers were advised to treat the patient with uttermost care.

So, taking a deep breath she tried to get out of this awkward situation.

" Zhen Zhen"

A huge grin appeared on Zhu Zhen's lips as deep dimples poked his cheeks adding to the heavenly sight.

"Zhen Zhen loves it when you call Zhen Zhen by name.", he exclaimed like an excited kid with widened eyes lit up with a new delight  before burying his nose in her hair nuzzling playfully.

An unintentional giggle ruptured from her lips as G.Li ruffled his already disheveled hair.

"Qie will only call you by your name if you listen to me now and get on the bed to sleep", Gongsun Li tried to sound stern but failed miserably making the emperor grin wider.

"Okay", he replied brushing his nose with hers..

See!That was eas-

"Hey! What are you doing? Let me down!"

"You wanker! Where are you taking me?"

"No, no, no...not to the bed! I told you to get on bed but not with me, you brat!"

"Oh! Loosen your arms! It tickles when you hold me like tha-hihi- don't! I feel tickli- hihi"

Many many years after that incident, Gonsun Li's eyes would brim with tears whenever she remembered the fateful night that she spent like a rigid pillow in the snoring emperor's deadly holding arms crying inwardly.

I am never ever gonna comfort this brat again in my lifetime! Ever!