Part 5

Rhys

Kiara begins speaking and I'm not paying attention. I'm observing the others in the room. Helion is intensely staring at my sister. Almost in recognition. I think back to our childhood, Helion never met Kiara. But yet, he seems to know her, seems shocked to see her, but not the same shock as the others. Not a shock of her being alive. More of a shock of her being here. Weird, I think, but yet, Helion is always a little weird. I look back to Kiara as she tells of the evil of her world that is coming to ours. Her silver eyes are dark, the violet specks barely noticeable. I was angry earlier when I saw her smiling with Mor. She had shown no interest in talking to me but Mor was perfectly innocent. "I need you and I need your courts and your armies to be prepared. For the war of a lifetime." I snapped back to paying attention. Everyone was quiet until Helion stood up, still eyeing my sister suspiciously.

"I will help, my court will help in whatever way possible. Whatever you need. We will be prepared. The other High Lords nodded in agreement. They were driven by fear. After the war we just endured, they were all terrified of another one but they needed to protect their homes and they would do whatever it took to do so.

Kiara met Helion's gaze and I swore I saw a flash of relief in her eyes. "Thank you. I will be returning to my home soon." The word home stung. She had a home. Another home that wasn't with us. "I will be bringing my brother and some members of his court with me. When they return, they will bring with them the knowledge and resources you will need for this battle." She turned toward me quickly, "shall we?" I looked at my Inner Circle and nodded. I said a quick thanks and goodbye to the other High Lords before we all winnowed back to the Night Court.

Kiara

The second we returned to the House of Wind I looked to Rhys, "when can you be ready?" He looked annoyed but spoke calmly.

"Am I the only one invited to go with you?" He gestured towards the rest of the group. I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Whoever would like to come, can come. We just need to go soon. I've wasted enough time here as it is." I could the tell the words stung him a little but I honestly didn't care. I needed to get home and I wasn't worried about offending my long lost brother. Rhys turned back to the others

"Feyre, Azriel, Cassian. You'll come with us. Morrigan and Amren, stay here, keep an eye on the city." They all nodded, agreeing to the orders they were given. I reached out my hands towards Rhys.

"Let's go." His eyes widened slightly

"You can winnow us to another world?"

"Yes, I'm talented, I know."

He tightened his mouth at my tone but grabbed my hand anyway. "You can winnow all of us?" Cassian asked cautiously. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I wouldn't be offering it if I couldn't do it. Let's go." Cassian gripped my other hand and Az and Feyre also grabbed on. I couldn't my heart rate from speeding up. Home. I was going home. I concealed a smile, thought of my world and we flashed away from the Night Court.

Tears still fell down my cheeks as Helion lead me through the dark forest. I kept looking over my shoulder hoping my mother would appear and say that she was lying or joking and that everything was fine and we'd go back home together. But that didn't seem like it was going to happen. "Keep up little one" Helion whispered and I realized I had slowed down and he was basically dragging me. We continued moving until we reached a dead end. A solid grey wall of rock stood before us. Helion let go of my hand and approached the wall. He began whispering words I couldn't hear and moving his hands in strange motions. The wall seemed to be glittering and then a huge circular swirl of light appeared. It almost looked like a window. Helion turned around and bent down to talk to me, "okay, Kiara, I have to go help your mother with something. I need you to remember what she told you about being brave because I need you to go through this portal here." I shook my head and started backing up.

"Go through that? No way, I'm not doing that. Why?"

"It's for your safety sweetheart. I promise, when you go through, there will be someone to greet you. I promise. No harm will come to you. But I need you do this. Your mother needs you to do this."

I took a deep breath. My mother. She needed me to do this? Then I'd do it. I took a hesitant step forward and Helion smiled, "that's it, good job, Kiara. Now listen, I will see you again, okay? I will come and visit you. I will check up on you. And hopefully one day, I will bring you back you home." I met his eyes and nodded.

"Oh- okay." He picked me up and approached the weird window, or portal, as he had called it. He gave me one last smile and then placed me in it. Cold wind rushed around me, I couldn't see anything for few seconds and then flashes of light appeared before I was falling through the air.

Soft, cold snow cushioned my fall. It was very bright wherever I was. My eyes hurt from the sunshine that rained down on me. I slowly sat up and saw booted feet in front of me. I slowly looked up to find a smiling male looking down on me. He had a thick light brown beard, long light brown hair tied back and bright dark blue eyes. "Well hello there, you must be Kiara. My name is Garreth. I'm a friend of your mother's." He reached out a hand to help me up and I accepted. My bag was still strapped to my shoulder and my hands trembled.

"Where am I?"

"You're in Terrasen, sweetheart. You're new home for a little while."