Part 10

*Sorry for the super short part. End of the semester struggle is real for me right now. The next few chapters are long and will be all about Rhys and Kiara*

Everybody stops moving. I scan this male, taking in what he just said. My eyes stop on his hand, spotting a black band on his finger. I whip my head to Kiara's hand, a diamond glitters back at me. "Your wife? My sister is your wife?"

His voice is calm and steady as he answers, "yes, Kiara is my wife. My mate."

"Impossible." Cassian spats, "she can't be your mate, you're from two separate realms."

I don't know if the blonde answers. I'm staring at my sister. My baby sister. Who I thought was dead. Not only is she alive, but she's happy. She has a home. She has family. She has a husband. Kiara meets my stare.

"Guess you've really made a life for yourself here, Kia. No wonder you never wanted to come home." My words are dripping in sarcasm and anger. I can't help the betrayal I feel. Seeing her here and like this.

"You don't get to call me that. Kia. Never call me that." Her eyes are dark, the purple barely noticeable. "And you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. For the first seventy or so years I was here I dreamed of coming home. Dreamed of Velaris. Dreamed of Starfall. Dreamed of you, mother and father. So don't you dare act like you know anything."

"How could I know anything when you've told me nothing! You show up and demand my family and I follow you to this strange world. You give me nothing but anger and attitude. And I cannot for the life of me understand why. If you dreamed of home like you said then why didn't you come home?" I feel Feyre's hand touch my arm, providing comfort when I realize how worked up I've gotten.

Kiara tears her eyes away from me and turns back to the Queen who has been watching this all unfold with the look of enjoyment in her eyes, as if we are entertainment. "Sorry to disrupt you Ael."

The Queen smiles, "no, no. No disruption at all, Ki."

Silver eyes meet mine again, "I'll explain everything to you. Tonight." Short, terse, her words are almost hostile.

I try to calm my breathing and move away from Feyre and I look straight at Aelin. "We are not here to be pawns. We are not here to be used by you or your court. We are here because we were told our world is in danger. So we are here to learn how to save it. If you have any other intentions for us, we will fight back."

The Queen laughs and shakes her head, "What? No more entertainment between you two?" She gestures between Kiara and I. Kiara growls softly. Aelin sighs, "yes, well I guess we do have more important matters at hand." She turns around and starts walking back to her throne. "You're not being used as a pawn, we do not have some evil scheme up our sleeves. For you, at least." She winks at me. "You are correct, your world is in danger. And Kiara wanted to save it, so here we are. Helping you save it while our own world is still not completely saved might I add. Risking our lives, taking time out of our own fight. To help you. Complete strangers. So think about that the next time you want to get angry at your sister. Think of what she's risking." Her words are sharp, protective of Kiara so I nod, wanting to avoid anymore outbursts from anyone in the room.

She is about to sit down when the doors fly open and a guard comes running in, straight to Aelin. Hands her a piece of paper that she immediately reads. Her eyes widen a bit before turning my sister, silently communicating with her. Kiara straightens before shooting her eyes to her husband. The blonde male growls and shakes his head "you just got back."

Aelin clicks her tongue, "you need to learn to share, Fenrys." Fenrys. Kiara's husband's name is finally revealed. He rolls his eyes in response and then a smirk appears on his face and looks at his wife. All of mind communicating is really starting to bother me. Every fae in this room's mind is too protective for me and I'm getting more and more annoyed at each interaction I see happening that is not aloud.

"You want to share what's going on?" Cassian asks, looking directly at Kiara, who is chewing her lip, as if she's considering a difficult choice.

"I'm needed somewhere else right now." She turns away from Fenrys and brings her attention to me. "You want answers?" I nod. "Then, you're coming with me."

"Coming with you where?"

"You'll see." She gestures towards my court, "they stay. Start learning from Aelin, Rowan and Fenrys about your new enemy." I open my mouth to protest but she cuts me off, "this is the only opportunity I'm offering Rhysand. Come with me now or never get your answers." Feyre squeezes my hand I meet her stare.

"Go." She says at barely a whisper. "We'll be fine. We can take care of ourselves." Cassian and Azriel nod in agreement.

"Okay," I say to my sister, "I'll go with you."

An hour later, I'm standing outside hugging Feyre goodbye. Still in the dark about where I'm going. "I love you, be careful." My mate kisses me, and I hold her tightly.

"You too." Cassian and Azriel each hug me goodbye.

"Keep an eye on each other, don't let anything happen to any of you."

They nod and Cassian laughs "don't worry, brother, we'll take care of her." He knows me well enough to know what I meant. Footsteps sound behind us and I turn around to see Kiara and Fenrys approach us.

"Ready?" She asks me. I nod, looking down at the outfit they had given me, dark leathers, tall boots and two different swords. Wherever we're going, there's a chance for danger apparently. The tall blonde warrior releases his hand from hers and cups her face in both hands, kissing her lips. I feel anger and look away, still in disbelief about Kiara's life here.

"Make sure he knows how little time we got together before he took you away from me." Kiara rolls her eyes and laughs, gently shoving him off of her.

"I will, don't worry. Stay safe here. Keep my updated if you leave."

He pulls her for one more kiss, "I will. Be safe, my love."

Then his onyx eyes meet mine but he says nothing, just stares at me with intensity and power. A warning, it seems. I don't say anything either but I don't look away. Not until Kiara is in front of me, reaching out her hand. I grab it and meet Feyre's stare once more before we disappear.