15

Two parts in one day? Yes! I'm just excited and couldn't wait to post this part.

Kiara

After spending the day sparring with Rhys, giving him a tour of camp it feels good to be re-connecting with him. There are still awkward moments, weird silences and times where he seems out of place. I'm laying on my bed in my tent, trying to focus my mind to reach Fenrys. I've had too much silence from you lately, my love. Is everything okay? I wait a few beats before sighing and rolling over to my side. I'm being ignored and I don't know why. Maybe he's upset that I left so shortly after returning to him the other day. I'll make it up to him when all of this is over, when we can escape to our home, to our lands where we can be unbothered.

I've been busy. Busy trying to not to kill your precious family members. I sit up quickly and close my eyes. Oh no, this cannot be good.

Fen. Do not kill my family, what is going on?

Ask General asshole.

Cassian?

Yes.

I shake my head and try not to calm my shaking hands. What has he said to you?

Nothing but threats and other rude comments. It is taking everything in me not to rip him to shreds, Ki.

My eyes squeeze shut and I wrap my arms around my knees. I'll be home soon, I'll calm him down. Just please, don't do anything that will hurt him, Fen. Please.

Hurry home and I won't.

I will try. I love you, Fenrys.

I love you too. And his voice fades, leaving my mind. I collapse back onto my bed and breathe deeply, closing my eyes, remembering the last time I saw Cassian.

I try to keep my breathing slow and steady. I try to stay as still as possible as I wrap my arms around my knees, making myself as small as I can. I hear footsteps pass the closet door and I hold my breath. The footsteps move on and I try to push myself further into the wall, jackets from above tickling the top of my head. A few more quiet moments pass until I hear footsteps again. They stop right in front of the door and I see the handle start to turn. I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping if I can't see anyone then no one can see me. Light foods the small closet and I feel strong hands grip my shoulder as I'm carried out of the closet. I hear a deep voice chuckle, "open your eyes little one, I have found you." I open my eyes and look into Cassian's smiling face. I smile and wiggle out of his grip,

"that took you forever! You're not very good at this game." He looks down at me and I stick out my tongue before running off through the house, and then out the door. I'm greeted by grey skies and a cool breeze, the typical weather for the Illyrian war camp. I run from the house and into the grass before I run into a solid mass. Someone's knee. I look up to see Rhys staring down at me, a worried look on his face.

"Cassian! You're supposed to be keeping an eye on her. She shouldn't be outside." I hear footsteps behind me as Cassian approaches.

"She's hard to keep track of, but don't worry, I was right behind her. We were going to go back inside."

I shake my head and groan, "I don't want to go back inside. I've been inside all day. I want to be outside. Besides, Cassian isn't fun, he's bad at hide and seek."

Rhys' face fights the urge to laugh but he does smile at me as he scoops me up into his arms. "I know you want to be outside, Kia. But it's not safe. Too many scary soldiers. I don't want you getting hurt."