~ Chapter 13 ~

I travelled all night in order to join Meliodas and the rest of my friends before they'll reach Liones.

Fortunately, I did it. When I arrived in front of the Boar Hat, Diane was talking with Hawk Mama. She waved happily at me and jumped, making everyone come out of the tavern.

"Li'l Vic!" Meliodas called from up there. "You found Xenris!"

"I saw Jenna," I simply told him, chuckling as I watched him turn pale.

"G-Good," He stuttered. "I guess you had a pleasant journey then!"

I floated next to him and greeted everyone else before we got back inside the bar.

"So where are we going?" I asked Meliodas, sipping on my beer.

"To the kingdom," He told me. "I have to get my sword back."

"You lost it, you get it back," I replied, finishing my beer. "It's your responsibility."

He explained to me what his sword was for and how it could break the seal which keeps the demons away from our world. Surely, they couldn't do that just by assembling a puzzle, could they?

"Does that mean that they've already used your sword and resurrected the Demon clan?" Diane asked him.

"Nope," Captain answered and I let out a breath of relief.

"It's an incredibly strong seal. If the seal's broken there'll be some sort of omen." He replied.

We were all concentrated on Captain when Hawks' stomach started to make weird sounds behind us.

"An omen..." The pig cried. "An ominous omen has come! Th-The seal is about to break!"

Elisabeth crouched down next to him and helped him walk toward the bathroom.

"Hawks, are you alright?" My sister, or dare I say the angel that blessed us with her presence asked Hawks.

"Come to think of it..."He squeaked between his stomach's growls. "Why are they always... After Elisabeth and the sword?"

That's because..." A new voice called from behind Eli. "She is the last key to release the seal."

"Elisabeth! Get away from her!" Meliodas and I yelled at the same time.

We both jumped toward her but they disappeared before we had the time to catch her. I yelled in anger and Meliodas ran toward the door, ready to destroy Liones if needed.

"It's the kingdom!" He shouted. "I'm going to rescue Elisabeth right away!"

"But we're at least forty miles away from the kingdom right now!" King shouted back.

"Wait I'll come," I said before dropping on my knees. Travelling and jumping into the Oasis of Life sure took a lot of my energy.

Meliodas' gaze softened when he saw me and he walked to my crouching figure, patting my head gently.

"You'll stay behind, Victoria." He ordered. "I'm sure you'll find a way to come quickly. Diane!"

"Understand." The giant replied.

"Hold on." Ban interrupted, wrapping his arms around Captain. "I changed my mind, I'm coming too."

"Ban..." I told him. "Stop messing around."

"I have my own reason now, too." He winked at me.

"I'm going too," Gowther said, wrapping his arms around Ban. "I wish to observe more of Captain and Ban's argument, and learn from them."
"Are you ready?" Diane asked, taking them in her hands. "Just bear with it if a little bit off, okay?"