~ Chapter 14 ~

~ 10 years ago ~

I watched as Gilthunder trained against Meliodas, sipping on my drink. Once again, Meliodas defeated him, but it was normal, Uncle Meli was far more powerful than any of us.

"What's wrong, Gil?" Uncle Meli asked him. "Exhausted already?"

"This is impossible for me," Gilthunder complained. "I'll never be as strong as you and my father."

"You should start by doing something about your negative thinking..." Meliodas advised.

"Your eyes discern evil," I recited, getting up from the bench and walking towards Gil before taking his hands in mine. "Your mouth speaks the truth. Your heart is filled with justice. Your sword destroys evil. The most important thing to a knight is to take the path you believe in, isn't it?"

"Victoria," Gilthunder called.

"Uncle Meli and your father have nothing to do with this," I told him. "You are your own person. One day you'll become the strongest and kindest Holy Knight. I believe it."

"Yeah," Gilthunder nodded, smiling at me.

"There's nothing he can say," I heard Uncle Meli tease making Gilthunder and me blush.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~ Present time ~

Gilthunder didn't wait for us to get our strength back as he immediately attacked Meliodas, sending me flying in the nearest wall.

Meliodas and Gilthunder continued to fight against each other as I tried to get up but in vain. Every time I moved my body, lightning struck me.

"Chase of the Lightning Beast!" Gilthunder shouted.

"No..." I whispered. "Stop..."

Damn it muscles, why must you be tired at a time like this?

"Thunder Emperor's Hammer!" Gil shouted again.

But this time Meliodas stopped it by using his demonic force. I didn't like it, if the two of them went out at full-strength, the city might not survive the shock.

Gilthunder might not survive the shock. I got up and slowly climbed on the tower next to me. Thunder striking me from time to times.

'Hey, Gil...' I thought 'You were always gentle and kind. You supported me through my sister's death. You swore to me when we were little.  I didn't know that would become a curse for you. For my sake, you lied to yourself and hurt your own heart for ten years when all I did was having fun with my friends. And now you're trying to hurt the person you admire the most. Please be free of me now. Please...don't betray your hero!'

I got up on the highest point of the tower and looked down on the fight. If I died, the curse that Vivian put on us would most certainly disappear and Gilthunder would be free of all his pain.

"Gilthunder!" I shouted in the wind. "Please...Stop!"

I closed my eyes and let myself fall in the air, a saddening feeling enveloping me as I thought of all the things I won't have the time to do.

However, one thing made me smile. I was going to see Margaret again. That's it. That's how the Eighth Sin died. For protecting the one I loved.

When it's tough, painful, and you can't rely on anyone, use this spell.

"I'm stronger than any of the Eighth Deadly Sins," I whispered before a force knocked me out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When I woke up, I was being held by someone. I slowly opened my eyes to see Gilthunder smiling down at me.

"Victoria." He simply said.

"Gilthunder..." I replied, before punching him in the chin. "Why did you attack me like this?! I could've acted on reflexes and hurt you! You moron!"

"I-I'm sorry-" He stammered before I punched him again.

"Not a word, not even a glance!" I shouted. "What were you thinking?!"

He got up from the floor and looked at me deeply as I walked to him and punched his chest, softer this time.

"Why didn't you let me help?" I cried. "Why did you hurt yourself that much?"

He wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me close.

"I'm sorry, Victoria." He said, not sounding sorry at all. "But I had to protect you."

"I hate you," I told him, wrapping my arms around him too.

"I know," He smiled and we stayed a couple of seconds like that until Meliodas interrupted us.

"I never thought you were a romantic person, Li'l Vic," He teased smirking down at me.

"Uncle Meli..." I growled, punching him too. "Stop ruining my moments!"

"How..." Vivian interrupted us. "When did you find out?"

"About Gil and Vic?" Meliodas replied. "When we met in the Forest of White Dreams."

"W-What?" Vivian stammered.

"When he said the spell in the forest, I knew they were being monitored and that someone, maybe both of them, was in danger," Meliodas explained.

"That's a lie that you knew from the start!" The witch yelled. "You were fighting all out!"

"Gil will risk his life for the girl he loves," Meliodas smirked. "As well as Vic will risk her life for the boy she loves. Our friendship means I should put my life on the line too."

"Unbelievable," Vivian boiled in anger. "I won't allow this to end this way!"

She changed our location numerous times, from desert to tropical forest.

"Now, in what world would you want to die?" She asked us before nearly getting eaten by a giant crocodile. However, Arthur's mage stopped it before she could be a meal.

"You little fake sorcerer!" Vivian cried. The coat on the Mage swirled in a tornado and revealed a beautiful woman.

"How many times have I told you to stop losing control when you're angry?" The woman asked. "My disciple, Vivian."

"That design on your neck," Vivian stuttered. "A crimson boar... You are..."

"I never thought she'd be with Arthur," Meliodas told us. "The Eighth Deadly Sins' Boar Sin, Merlin!"

New Chapter! Please don't forget to vote and comment!

See you soon guys