Chapter 13

Days float by for Danielle as she waits for Joker's goons to break them out. Frost has loyally been bringing her potatoes in different forms ever since he started working at the asylum, it's worth the risk of getting caught just by seeing her face light up whenever he brings them. 

Sleeping in the same bed as Jay was always an adventure, he disliked being touched when he was awake (so she did if it was someone else than him) but they always woke up touching or holding eachother in some way. 

The sessions with Doctor Trippel has been entertaining to say the least and this time she meant it. Granted that she hadn't managed to scare her off she did manage to get her to skip their weekly session last time because the doctor was so unnerved by her presence. She once again doesn't need help because she is not sick and the sessions are just a waste of time. 

Two months at the asylum had made the two cellmates very close, if they were normal they would say that they were in a relationship. But the two weren't normal and their relationship wasn't restrained to a label like that, it was more than that. And yet, they hadn't had their first kiss yet, the closest they've gotten to one was yesterday. 

Flashback 

It was night time and bed time for all the patients and just a few minutes away from lights out. Danielle had just changed to her nightclothes after making sure that no one peeked at her. She may have threatened to cut of their balls if she caught them but that is irrelevant. 

Making her way to the now double bed she says a quick goodnight to Frost and Eddy before jumping up into the bed. Jay swiftly sat up and pulled her down on him and as cliche as it sounds time stopped. The two was getting lost in each other's eyes as they slowly lean in. 

Just before their lips are about to touch a loud bang echoes through the ward and Danielle is shaken out of the trance. Jay angrily snarls before plopping his head back on the pillow groaning. He was so close to claiming his soon to  be queen and that, that man had to interrupt. Oh he was going to make him suffer for that. 

End of flashback 

Danielle groaned out loud at the memory covering her face with her blanket. So close and yet so far. She craved that kiss, she longed to finally taste his lips and most of all she longed to belong to him in every way. 

A sudden boom in the building followed by gunshots wakes her bedmate up and the two of them jump to their feet, laughing crazily. This was it! They were finally going out. With adrenaline rushing through their bodies the not so patiently wait for Frost to unlock their cell door.  Snatching his keys Danielle sprinted to Edwards cell, she had to get him with her. She would not leave him here. Strong arms capture her and pull her back. 

"We've got to go Dany" Joker laughs in her ear pulling her further and further from Eddy's cell. 

"NO, I have to get him, I won't leave him J" She yells at him wiggling her body to get loose but he doesn't budge and she screams out to Eddy that she'll come back for him, she promise. With tears in her eyes, the rush of the break out gone she takes one look at her friend before the door closes.  

Edward slowly and shakily sit down after watching her get dragged out of the door fighting to get to her. Sad that he was left there but glad that she got out he chuckles before laying down on the bed. What a dull place this will be after they're gone, he thinks. 

AN: Just a short chapter before the actual breakout. Hope you enjoyed it !