Chapter 20

Moths had passed since Danielle and Joker had broken out of Arkham and things were going good for the two. J's business was back to normal, his power and territory restored to its former glory and everyone knew that Danielle was his queen.  Despite being two very independent people they were never far from eachother. At first he had been hesitant about letting her join him on  bigger jobs but he had recently decided that she could come. 

Her debut big crime came in the form of a big bank robbery, the one that Minho had told J about before losing his head.  

Flashback 

Danielle sat in the front seat of the black van nervous, she hadn't done anything like this before. Joker was sitting in the backseat playing around with a stick he had found  on the street a few blocks back.  

"It's going to go just fine, relax" Jay purred at her having abandoned his stick. 

"I know" She muttered back but still she couldn't sit still. 

Stopping in front of a big building the henchmen ran out of the car,  in costumes of various things  The henchmen run inside the building but Frost, Joker and Danielle waited in the van. They wouldn't reveal themself untill the alarm came, they wanted to get a more dramatic entrence. 

Walking inside the building with the alarms blasting her ears was a very new experience for Danielle. It was exhilirating, the adrenalin was pumping. Just as soon as the trio had stopped, the alarms stopped too and the room fell quiet before screams could be heard. The shock in the hostages had worn off and all that remained was panic. The screams annoyed Danielle, they were hurting her ears. 

"Make them stop Jay" She almost demanded off him. It was the newbie in her that couldn't handle the screams, they were stressing her out. 

He was a man of actions rather than words and to please his lady he grabbed a gun from a nearby henchman and started shooting wildly at the ceiling while yelling for them to shut up. The screams grew quiet and once again the room was quiet. 

Walking away from the two men she walked up to a desk and jumped over it, just because she's a dramatic girl. Filling her bag with money she calmly walk back and out the door. 

End of flashback

Of course the money wasn't the only reason they were there but it was the only part that she was supposed to participate in. She'd been with him on a couple of smaller robberies and had almost grown to enjoy the screams, she liked them much more than she liked the silence anyways. 

The sad news was that Smirrah had grown sick and weak over the last few weeks, she was still happy all the time but Danielle could see how tired she was. The dog barely ate anymore and prefered to just lay still and sleep. Her puppy though, Misch had only grown stronger and much bigger. He adored Jay and at every given oppurtunity would cuddle up beside the man. It was adorable and Danielle had a lot of photos of the two on her phone. For a man that didn't want dogs he sure spent a lot of time with them. 

----------

Then there was Bruce, he had been looking for the weird woman that he met a few months ago but he couldn't find her. There was no record for any Karen Susanson in Gotham City and so he understood that it was a made up name. Mentally kicking himself for not thinking so earlier, he had had his suspicions about it but had shaken them off. He must be getting rusty. One thing that bothered him though was that Joker had broken out of Arkham again but not alone. He brought a woman with him, his sources told him her name was Danielle.

"Alfred, can you search Arkhams' files for a Danielle, relatively new patient, foreign." 

"Of course, right away sir." Alfred obediently did as he was asked. 

"There was a Danielle Edkvist admitted there but she broke out a few months ago, she's swedish"  

"What was she there for?"Bruce asked

"She murdered her stepfather and his friend, she was cleaning up the apartment when the police arrived." Alfred answered still looking through the files. 

"Any diagnosis?" 

"Many, sir" 

"Thank you Alfred" Alfred bowed his head and left the cave. 

Bruce walked over to the computer Alfred had used before looking through her file. 

Name: Danielle Edkvist

Height: 5"3 

Age: 20

Nationality: Swedish 

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Weight: 136 lbs

Hair colour: Dark brown

Eye colour: Hazel 

Clicking her picture, Bruce is very surprised to see that it was the same woman that he ran into all those months ago. The very same, seems like he was right afterall, Karen Susanson was a made up name. 

-------------

Night had fallen in Gotham city and Joker and Danielle was currently on their way to J's lamborghini when a black shadow stop them. The two had just been to the vet with Smirrah and was now going to one of his other clubs. 

"Batsy, finally decided to come say hello?" Joker cackle with a big smile. 

"What did you do?" The deep rough voice of Batman ask. 

"Oh you know, Dany's dog was sick so she had to go to the vet" Jay grin out.

"You're coming with me" Batman demands, Danielle wasn't sure who he was talking to. 

"Nuh huh, not happening" Joker tell him, the grin no longer on his face. He brings his tattoed hand up to his face. "You're so funny, batsy. Always making me smile" 

Lunging foward Batman try to grab Danielle, having decided that she was the easiest one but she jump out of the way and quickly kick him in the back. Quickly getting to his feet he turn around but didn't expect to get a hard punch in the face by the clown. Punching him back, batman lift Joker up before tossing him into a building. Danielle release a growl seeing her clown getting tossed before charging at Batman. Falling to the ground Batman is overwhelmed by all the punhes Danielle deliver to his face rapidly before she's suddenly off of him and dragging a disorientated Joker to his car. 

Quickly throwing him in the backseat Danielle jump intot he drivers seat before quickly driving off and away from Batman. 

AN: Just a short chapter, hope you've enjoyed this book so far.