299 BCE: chapter 7

that night:

ruhaan and pooja's secret place:

ruhaan: pooja? pooja wake up na.

pooja had fallen asleep in ruhaan's embrace and they were at their secret place for a while now, the sky was still dark but it was getting a little lighter now.

ruhaan: pooja, please wake up.

he slowly caressed her hair and then he kissed her forehead. her lips formed a tiny smile.

ruhaan: we have to go before someone finds out that we are missing.

pooja fluttered her eyes and within seconds, they were opened. she looked around cluelessly and then saw that she was still on ruhaan's laps and that she was in ruhaan's arms.

pooja: am I dreaming or am I really still with you?

ruhaan kissed the tip of her nose and said: no baba, you are not dreaming. you are really still with me. 

pooja: then let me sleep.

ruhaan: I wish but if we stay here any longer, someone could find out that we are missing. 

pooja made a face and buries her face in the crook of ruhaan's neck. 

ruhaan: tu kitni pyaari hai lekin we have to go. 

pooja sleepily: fine but I don't want to walk.

ruhaan smiled at his goddess being so cute. still keeping her in his arms, he stood up carrying pooja in bridal style.

ruhaan: you will have to go over the gate but at the moment, I will carry you ok?

pooja sleepily: haan theek hai.

ruhaan just smiled as pooja was sleeping in his arms. he walked carefully and soon they reached the gates.

ruhaan: now wake up please baba.

pooja opened her eyes and made a small pout. ruhaan gave a small laugh and kept her down. 

pooja: bend down so I can go over the gate please.

ruhaan: theek hai baba.

he bent down and she went on his back, then over the gate. once she was on the other side of the gate, ruhaan did his bit.

pooja: so I guess this is goodnight right?

ruhaan: haan it is but at the gathering, I will get to see you dance as well as hear you sing.

pooja blush, smiling. she kept her head down. just then a hand snuck around her waist whereas another hand snuck around her neck, pulling her closer.  he didn't hesitate. he didn't pause. her head was tilted up to look up at ruhaan as his thumb lifted her chin and his face went closer to hers, pooja knew what was coming her way but before ruhaan's lips touched hers....

voice: what is going on here?

ruhaan and pooja jumped in surprise. had they been caught by a member of a royal family? was this going to be the end of their story?

voice: arre ruhaan, it's just me dhanu.

ruhaan: dhanu, you?

dhanu: haan me!

ruhaan: what are you doing outside at this hour?

dhanu: to get some fresh air, the real question is what are you doing here and this girl? is she goddess saraswati?

ruhaan: yes dhanu and me and her...we were also getting fresh air and....

dhanu: trying to romance her?