2019: chapter 3

that evening:

O.M:

om came back from rishi's house, entering from the backdoor in order to avoid any chaos but unfortunately as soon as he entered from the backdoor, something wooden hit him on the back of the head.

om: ouch!

he turned to see pinky holding her grandson's cricket bat. he was damn lucky not to pass out. 

pinky: what you doing?! entering this house chupka chupka...no shame?!

om: voh...

pinky: please don't talks! I don't want to be deafs! 

roop, rudy and shivika came to the kitchen hearing pinky being loud.

anika: mummyji, what happened? why is shivansh's bat in your hands?

pinky: that's so no thief comes to steal our money.

roop: pinky Bhabhi! why did you hit my son?

om: mum, calm down....

roop: how can I calm down om?! just looking at that cricket bat, I can easily make out that she hit you with it! pinky Bhabhi, stop torturing him! what has he ever done to you?!

before pinky could say something, rudy spoke: you mean what has he done to all of us? because of him, our two sisters are living away from this house! because of him, my mother turned to alcohol.

om: what? why would our sisters move away because of me and why would jhanvi mami turn to alcohol because of me?

rudy: because you...

roop interrupting: om beta, ignore them. they get angry really quickly and in anger, they say things like that.

rudy: let him know everything!

roop: no! I am his mother, not you so just shut up! 

om: mum, calm down.

roop: om, go upstairs before things get violent.

om: mum you are coming with me.

roop: lekin....

om held his mum's wrist and made her leave the kitchen with the other oberois rolling their eyes. om brought roop to her room and made her sit down on the bed.

roop: why did you make me leave?

om: we already have a bitter relationship with them. arguing with them would worsen things up. 

roop: om beta, can I ask you something?

om: sure mum.

roop: how come you don't hurt by their words and their actions?

om: I became immune to it when I was little.

roop: don't talk like that.

om: but it's the truth mum.

roop hugged him, tears rolled down her eyes as she got the flashbacks of carrying baby om in her arms for the first time...he was sick, he was fighting to breathe, he was super weak and now look at him, you couldn't tell that he was a sick weak baby.

sharma household:

gauri was in the guest room, on her laptop. she had just finished cleaning her room and moving most of her stuff into the guest room since she doesn't trust her dadi with the stuff she owned. just then mahir came in the room and gauri said without looking up from the laptop: who said that you could come in here?