2019: chapter 5

morning:

chahat's house:

chahat's room:

the egg yolk sun poured through the cracks in the blind and awaited entrance into gauri's eyes. sight still in the clutches of the night's glue, she hesitantly rubbed the dreams away. thoughts of the visions in sleep came and went in waves, clinging on to the very last memory of the night but with little success.

gauri: my head....what happened last night?

she opened her eyes, closed them again, she blinked a couple of times till her vision cleared up. she saw herself in chahat's room and she looked down only to find out that she was wearing someone's hoodie.

gauri: but...but chahat doesn't own any hoodies. hmmmm....what happened last night?

from the pounding head, vomit taste in her mouth and dehydrated feeling she figured she must have been drinking heavily last night. her throat felt like sandpaper. she couldn't even get up as it hurt to move. the sun went in her eyes and she started to groan, laying back down and covering her face with the blanket.

a few minutes later, she heard footsteps coming and then the curtains being closed. gauri removed the blanket of her face and sat up to see chahat in front of her, holding her favourite puppy mug.

gauri: yeh kya?

chahaht: boiled water with honey and lemon.

gauri: why are you giving this to me?

chahat: it will help boost your blood sugar and vitamins

gauri: I don't understand.

chahat: just have it. it will help with that hangover.

gauri: thanks.

chahat made her hold the mug and gauri took a sip making a face.

gauri: chi.

chahat: drink else I will tell your dad about you being drunk.

gauri: fine. you know I hate you right?

chahat: love you too doll.

gauri stuck her tongue out and took another sip. she then said: what did you tell my dad?

chahat: I called him at 10 and said that you became really tired and we were watching a movie at my house and you fell asleep.

gauri: he believed that?

chahat: it was a really convincing story. if your dad found out that you were drunk, he would send you with your dadu and dadi.

gauri: I already know. he told my brothers that when they were my age and yet they still got super drunk at parties. they were only allowed to drink when they reached 21.

chahat: and your dad thinks that you won't end up messed up like those two.

gauri: well...in my defence I drank just once and that was yesterday. they drank 500 times when they were my age. give me a break.

chahat: anyway how is your first hangover?

gauri: my skills ebbs and I feel dead inside.

chahat: you know the new kid?

gauri: who?

chahat: you're wearing his hoodie. his name's om.

gauri was quiet for a minute, trying to remember but failed.

gauri: who?

chahat: the one who accused you. rishi texted me last night saying that om now believes that you didn't take his wallet.