Silence is Victorious

After the three of us headed to a small flower shop, we drove to the hospital. I was worried sick,  sitting in a fetal position in the car set.

"It'll be okay, she probably passed out because of lack of iron." Persephone shrugged.

"You're right, I shouldn't worry much." I said, my tears clearing from my eyes, them getting a bit less red.

Mr Lincoln handed me the flowers from the front seat. They were very pretty. Roses, Marigolds, Azaleas, Camellias. Hopefully she likes them.

"I'll be there in a moment, while I'm here please take this up to her room." He said, a small smile.

I nodded, getting out of the car. Persephone and I walked up to her room and placed the flowers on her nightstand. She didn't have a flower pot or anything, so that's the only place I could put it. Rani sat up to hug me, a small groan coming out of her. She leaned in, myself leaning back to give her the hug.

"Are you okay? I came to your dad as soon as possible." I asked her, releasing from the hug.

"I'm good, thanks for coming to see me. It's good that I didn't lose any..blood."

Rani looked down at her hand, then back up at me. She looked worried, I started to get worried a bit too. Who passes out from a paper cut and doesn't bleed a single bit?

"Is your iron low?" I asked, looking at the hand she got the cut on.

"No. Not at all. I actually ate dinner before I called you." Rani replied, looking out of the small hospital window then at me.

"I don't know anything about blood and stuff, but maybe she has clear blood. Have you ever considered that? I've read that it's only a 1 in 3 million chance. People born between 2001 and 2004 usually are born with it." Persephone chimed in.

The two of us looked at her, Rani getting even more worried. She hasn't really been bleeding before. She took soccer during the second grade. While I was at one of her games, she slipped over one of the other teams dropped scrunchies. She was scratched pretty hard, but didn't bleed.

"Rani, you're- 16, correct?" Persephone asked.

"Yes, April 27th, 20–. You did say between, so- wait why are they using red blood on my then? Is that healthy?" Rani asked, going from calm to a bit more stressed.

Persephone took out her small notebook she had. A few pages fell out of it, so I picked it up. Before I gave them back to her, I saw what they read. It was Sadie's number.

"Hey, guys I need to call someone really quick. I'll be right back." I said, quickly stuffing the paper in my pocket.

"Okay." Persephone said, head still in the book.

I felt bad for leaving the room to call someone I barely know. She's one of the only people that knows anything about this. Even if I texted her, it would still be good. I stepped into the hall to see nurses walking around on break and such. That gave me time to find a quiet hallway.

Ring..
Ring..
Ring..

"Hello?" A voice said from the phone.

"Hey, is this Sadie? It's me, Marina Ray." I said, closing my free ear. My right one, I did this to block out the noise.

"Oh, you! You're the chick that's in my chem class. What's up?" She said happily. It sounded like her voice.

"You got a check, right? If you did, please don't cash it in. I can't stomach accepting money that will keep is silenced." I said, looking around the hallway. A lady in a whee chair rolled in front of me.

"I got a che- OHHH! That silly thing. Yeah, I left it on my nightstand. I was gonna check it out and just use it to pay for my brothers college. I barely need to spend anymore since it's only like 6k a year." Sadie replied, laying onto her bed and checking her nails she then put me on speaker.

"Listen, I might inform the others that they could cash it out just to have the money. We don't have to accept his 'Shut your mouth or I'll experiment on you' scheme. Deal?" I asked, clenching my first.

"Deal. Are you gonna cash out too, Marina?" Sadie asked.

"Yeah, but I won't spent a penny of it." I joked.

"Great, great! Well, I'll see you later. Hopefully you could come to our band practice today. We're doing s cover of a Jack Stauber song." Sadie added, glancing at her guitar buy her door.

"I'll ask my mom. She doesn't know that many people at my school." I chuckled. "But, I'll see you later" I added.

The two of us hung up and I walked back to the room. Persephone opened the door for me.

"Who was it?" She asked.

"It was Sadie." I replied nonchalantly.

"Hopefully she said something about the files." Rani added.

"Yeah..Hopefully." I added, my eyes shifting someone else.