HSD - Chapter 7

Flashback...

"Are you sure nothing happened?" Jisoo questioned Jennie as she eyed Lisa.

"Of course, nothing happened! It's not as if we can do anything in that kind of situation!" Jennie replied rolling her eyes at her overprotective cousin.

Rosé gasped and Lisa turned into a bright crimson when they heard what Jennie said.

"But I saw you two hugging with my own eyes!" Jisoo insisted. "How can I..."

Jennie cut her off. "Haven't you heard of sharing the heat? Or would you rather us turn into popsicles?"

"But..."

"But what? Geez Jisoo! You've been watching way too many dramas! Don't deny it! Your imagination is getting wilder!" Jennie yelled in exasperation. "Besides, if something did happen, which of course did not, do you think Lisa will be standing here in one piece? Huh?"

Jennie walked home alone from school. Jisoo had gone home first because Jennie needed to stay back to finish up some work.

Jennie thought about what had happened a few days ago. She had gotten trapped inside the chiller room and not long after, Lisa got trapped in with her. She thought about being buried in Lisa's strong arms. She felt so warm and so fuzzy all over. 

She turned into a deep scarlet at the thought of that.

It was Jisoo who finally found them cuddling and rescued them. You can call it cousin connection. It's like a 'twin connection' between Jisoo and her. 

Somehow, Jisoo knew that Jennie was in danger, though it took her quite a while to find her. However, when she saw them huddled up together, she automatically went berserk and lashed out on Lisa.

She chuckled at the image. 

It was indeed a beautiful day. She heard the leaves of the towering trees rustle as she felt the late afternoon breeze touch her cheek. She breathed in the cool fresh air as she walked along the concrete pavement.

Suddenly, she felt a body colliding into hers. Jennie lost her balance and fell into a nearby drain. It was a dry and shallow drain. But still, blood streaked down from Jennie's bare legs.

"Ouch! It hurts! Ow..." Jennie cried silently in pain. She looked up to see who collided into her.

"Watch where you're going bitch!" the person shouted.

Jennie stared in surprise at the girl with long dirty blonde hair. 

She thought to herself, What? Rosé? What's wrong with her? Did she just call me a bitch? Since when was she so rude? Was it all a facade? 

Jennie couldn't speak. She didn't know what to say. She was just too stunned looking at the person in front of her.

"L...L...Lisa?" Jennie heard the girl stutter in front of her. Her face was pale while looking at someone behind Jennie.

"Get lost Mina if you're not going to help her," Lisa said icily as she walked over to Jennie. 

Her face was as cold as usual but her feelings right now are a lot different from the coldness of her expression. She was disgusted, annoyed and angry at the dirty blonde girl. 

She ignored the pale-faced Mina and directed her attention to the girl lying on the ground. Her heart wrenched when she saw the injured raven-haired girl.