HSD - Chapter 24

Another long chapter for all of you! enjoy reading!

Hanbin suddenly appeared out of nowhere, surprising the other party.

The brown-haired girl froze and attempted to make a run for it but Hanbin quickly jumped in and blocked her from escaping.

"You're not going anywhere just yet," Hanbin said.

"W-What do you w-want f-from me?" the brown-haired girl whimpered.

"I really didn't expect it to be you," Hanbin said. "I always thought it would be someone like Myoui."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," the girl replied.

"I guess it's always the quiet one you have to be most wary of. It actually makes sense if you think about it," Hanbin continued. Moving closer to the frightened girl, Hanbin grabbed her hand and with his other hand, he pulled a piece of paper from the girl's grasp.

Flashback...

Hanbin was walking alone in the hallway when he noticed a suspicious student lurking around Jennie's locker.

"Hey you!" Hanbin shouted pointing a finger to the boy.

The boy jumped in surprise and when he saw Hanbin making his way towards him, he panicked and made a run for it.

"Come back here, you!" Hanbin yelled as he dashed after the boy, skillfully dodging the students who were in his way.

The boy ran out of the school building and continued running across the field. The soccer team was having their practice there at that time. "Watch out!" one of the soccer members yelled. At that moment, the boy turned around to see the ball flying towards him. Attempting to dodge the ball, the boy staggered and tripped over his own feet, landing heavily with a thud on the grass.

Before the poor boy could get up, Hanbin jumped in and pounced on him.

Holding the boy by his collar, Hanbin yelled at the poor boy. "Who are you and what were you trying to do?"

The boy stared in fright and the intimidating Hanbin.

"What's your name?" Hanbin asked again.

"D-Daehwi," the boy stammered.

"And what were you thinking of doing?" Hanbin asked.

The boy, known as Daehwi quavered. "I-I was only t-trying t-to give t-this to J-J-Jennie," he said as he pulled a piece of paper out from his pocket.

Hanbin snatched the paper and read its contents. "A love letter?" Hanbin questioned.

"Y-Yes," the boy said terrified.

Hanbin then got off the poor Daehwi as he straightened his uniform. "Stop wasting your time," Hanbin told him as he walked away from the Daehwi who was still lying on the grass.

Hanbin couldn't believe that he had just wasted his time and energy on some boy with a crush on his best friend. Just then, someone called out his name and a blonde-haired girl ran towards him.

"Hanbin, we need to talk," the girl said. "There's something I have to tell you."

"What is it Chaeyeon?" Hanbin asked the girl.

"You are going stop your nonsense and apologize to Jennie," Hanbin said sternly to the girl.