Part 16

I had finally woke up. I was in a hospital bed. "She's woke!" My ma yelled out. The nurse ran in to check me. "Ma... what happened" I said barely talking. "You got into a car accident baby" she said. "What? No ma I took Aubrey to school and I went home, i think" I said. "Avery you was unconscious." She said raising up moving towards me. "Aughhhh" I said holding my head, it was killing me like crazy. The nurse handed me medication to take with a cup of water. "We will keep you in for now, we are still running test to see if it's safe for you to go home tonight" the nurse said. "Thank you so much." Ma said. "Where aunt Pam?" I asked. "She took my car to go pick up Aubrey from school, they'll be here in a minute, you just rest." She said. I hear the room door open but I kept my eyes closed. "Hey is she okay." I heard a voice, I knew that voice. It was Jeremy. I slowly opened my eyes. "Jeremy" I said reaching my hand out to him. "Yes baby, yes." he said grabbing my hand. "I thought you was mad at me" I said. "I was upset but that doesn't matter, I had to make sure you was okay." He said. It was coming, the words were falling off my tongue and then I said it. "I love you" I said. "I love you too" he said. "How'd you know I was in a accident?" I said. He looked over at mom and smiled. "I reached out to him, I seen you guys messages in your phone and I contacted him" she said smiling. "You went in my phone." I said. "Yess I read everything" she said laughing. "Oh my gosh" I said laughing. Aunt Pam and Aubrey walked thru the door. "Sissy are you okayyy?" Aubrey said running to me. "Yes princess" I said. "Guess what!!!!" She said. "What?" I said. "I made team captain." She said. Everybody gave her a hi five even Jeremy. I always loved seeing my family happy no matter what condition I was in. My room door opened again. And in walks Jamal. "Av...." "SECURITYYYY!" I yelled. "Get out Now Jamal!" My mom yelled. "Why? Why? I can't seen my baby?? I heard about the accident" He said. Jamal looked a hot ass mess, I've never seen him dressed so badly. "I guess you've moved on." He said frowning up. "Go away please." I yelled. The security guard came in and escorted him out the door. Jamal started yelling and making a scene. "Mom my head hurts can you get me some water." I said. "Yes baby" she said. "I'm gonna go to the vending machine baby. You, Aubrey or Aunt Pam need anything back?" He asked. "Yesss candy" Aubrey blurted out. He smiled. "Okay Aubrey." He said walking out. Aunt Pam and Aubrey watched the tv and I laid there in hospital bed and rested.

*Avery's Mom POV*
After getting Avery's water I went ahead and got on the elevator. I seen a hand pushing the elevator door open so the person could get in. In walks this man. A man I know. "What are you doing here!" I yelled. "I heard about the accident on the news! I deserve to see her she's my child too" he said. "You didn't raise her I raised her" I yelled. He grabbed my neck and shoved me to the wall. "Bitch stfu! And when I leave this hospital today, YO ASS LEAVING WITH ME, you understand?" He yelled. I nodded my head. Avery and Aubrey father was abusive. I wasn't struggling with my bills I just wanted to get away from my house because he knew where I lived. I needed Aubrey to be safe. He would send me threatening text messages saying he would kill me. I thought I got rid of him by moving with Avery. But I guess not. He pressed the lobby button on the elevator. "Wait no I have to get to Avery!" I said. "Change of plans we leaving and your going with me" he said.

To be continued...