The House

I must have fallen asleep because I feel someone shaking my shoulder. "Wake up, it's nine thirty," Lukas whispers.

I sit up, rubbing my eyes.

"Let's go," Lukas whispers, making his way to the door.

I throw on my tennis shoes and slip my dagger into my pocket and hurry to the door. Lukas pokes his head out into the hallway.

"Clear," He says, opening the door.

We walk quietly down the hallway. There are no security cameras in the dorm hallways for privacy or something, so we don't have to hide.

A door opens from behind us and we whip around. A few kids walk out of a dorm, all dressed in black. One of the kids is Kai, who walks over to us.

"We should wait for the others," Kai whispers. We nod and stop walking.

A door opens from the girl's side of the hallway. A group of five girls walk out. Alice and Morgan spot us and hurry over.

"Hi," Alice says, smiling at us. She's wearing dark blue ripped jeans and a black tank top with a leather jacket. She looks amazing.

"Do you guys have your money?" Morgan asks.

Oh that's right. "No. I'll be right back," I say, turning and jogging over to my dorm.

I walk over to my bed and take my safe down from the shelf. It takes me three tries to open it-I'm horrible with locks. I grab five twenty's and close the safe.

We get one hundred dollars at the beginning of each month. There's a shop in each wing where kids can buy stuff.

I slip back into the hallway. Alec and Lucy are here now.

"Let's go, I don't want to be late," Morgan says, walking toward the rec room.

Morgan peeks into the rec room. "Wait...now," Morgan says, running toward the left wall.

We follow her. I glance at the security camera on the other side of the room. It starts to turn back toward us. I dive behind a couch, which happens to be same one Alice dives behind. We're crouched down and breathing heavily. I smile at her. She smiles back.

"Go," Morgan hisses.

We jump up and keep running. We reach the door to the rec room, which Morgan throws open.

We come out in a hallway. We sprint to the dining hall, which is across from the rec room.

We make it to the door on the right wall using the same strategy as in the rec room. After we get out, we run down the classroom hallway. We reach the door at the end of the hallway. The door is an emergency exit; it leads outside.

Someone slipped a dollar in the door sensor, keeping the alarm from going off. Morgan opens the door, careful to keep the dollar from falling out. We all slip out the door. It closes without the alarm going off.

I take a deep breath of fresh air. I love being outside; I wish we were allowed out more.

The Organization is surrounded by a forest. Someone snuck out and found an old abandoned building in the woods, which was named The House. We use it to hold fights.

We take off, running into the forest. It doesn't take long to reach The House. The House is falling apart-cracked windows, holes in the walls and roof, rotting wood-but we did our best to fix it up.

As I enter The House, I'm overwhelmed with cheers and shouts. Bear is fighting a kid I recognize as Adam. It's clear that Bear is winning.

The house is lit up by lanterns and flashlights kids smuggled in when they were on missions. Most of the stuff in here was smuggled in; the food, drinks, alcohol.

Kids are standing on the outskirts of the main room, watching the fight. In what was once the kitchen, a small group of kids are goofing off, obviously drunk.

Morgan walks over to a group of kids betting on the fight. Alec follows her.

I turn to Alice. "Want a drink?" I ask.

Alice nods and walks toward the food table, practically dragging me over by the arm.

The food table is covered in drinks and junk food. Alice grabs a shot glass and drowns it instantly. She turns to look at me. "Are you gonna have one?"

I'm not one for alcohol, but I'm not about to chicken out in front of Alice. I grab a glass and drink it. The liquid tastes horrible and burns my throat.

Alice smiles at me and grabs a beer bottle. "Let's go bet on some fights," She says.

I grab a beer bottle and follow her. We walk over to the group Morgan had walked over to.

I turn to the fight just as Adam taps out. Bear lets out a sound almost like a battle cry. "Who's next?" Bear yells, scanning the crowd.

A tall, muscular kid with a mop of red hair and freckles steps forward. He's Owen, he used to bully me in the seven to twelve wing.

Bear cracks his knuckles. "You're about to get destroyed, freckleface."

"Who do you think is gonna win?" Kai asks me.

"Twenty on Bear," Alec says.

"Thirty on Owen," Lucy says.

"Ten on Bear," Lukas says.

The betting continues. Alice bets twenty on Owen, Kai bets ten on Bear, and Morgan bets twenty on Bear.

"Ten on Bear," I say hesitantly. I don't really enjoy fights and betting on fights.

The fight starts. Bear charges at Owen, almost knocking him over. I look away, watching Alice instead. She takes a sip of her beer and laughs. She looks beautiful.

Kai taps on my shoulder. "Dude, you should-"

Someone throws open the door. "The Organization is coming," He says, gasping for breath. "We've been caught."

This chapter was really short sorry about that. Let me know what you think.